Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 04:01PM

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation/heightened-intrigue-for-mormon-conference-in-utah/

Gimme a break!
You demand sexual purity while you sing the praises of a rapist who raped his followers wives and teenage daughters?
Or maybe that's just tge way the past keaders kept control of their women folk and its still working, so ignore your sexual urges and just obey me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 05:15PM

Allow sweaty men to interrogate your children about sex.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 06:00PM

General Conference: Recycling the same subject in various formats for over 50 years.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 06:43PM

Pretty much. General conference is pretty general. Nothing exiting about it.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 09:08PM

As of today, I'm pretty much done ever watching it again every six months; it really becomes such drudgery to hear the same platitudes delivered in such a 10th grade debate team manner, but what's sadder is that the TBM's, who live in such a small cage, fawn and gasp over the slightest hiccup from the top dawgs.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 09:47PM

If Only they had integrity in the rest of 'the gospel'...

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 10:01PM

I was just thinking about that too, today, the hierarchy loves the children soo dang much. They are such special spirits yet the founder was caught in the barn with his adopted daughter, he also coerced Hellen Mar Kimball (14) and threatened that her family wouldn't go to heaven if she didn't marry him. Joe was a child abuser (and maybe worse?) and should have gone to jail!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 05, 2019 11:52PM

As long as you’re upholding the rest of your church against mockery, sexual purity is one more thing. I think most Mormons handle chastity by keeping hanky panky on the down-low.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 06:53AM

Has anybody here been mocked for maintaining "sexual purity"?

Posted by: anon 4 this ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 03:15PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 07:46PM

That's probably more a reflection of the community in which you were located. I must have gone to the high school with the kindest, most accepting kids you could possibly find -- and goodness knows, they could have made fun of me or others for any number of reasons. But they didn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2019 10:06PM by summer.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:16PM

when I went out into the working world. They were very respectful of me being a virgin and wanting to stay that way until marriage.

Not so with the mormon leaders. They didn't even check with me to see what my attitude was and just told me that I needed to save my boyfriend from being gay. The bishop gave him assignments and he wasn't supposed to tell me what was going to happen. BUT he did as he knew what kind of person I was.

The boyfriend I have now and had at age 20 was extremely respectful of me back at age 20 and still is. I don't know--which do you guys think is more a mockery, marrying someone gay in the temple or having sex with a straight man who desires you and loves outside marriage? THEY made a mockery of marriage and still do, make a mockery of ALL the people who find themselves in someway effected by this situation like my kids, my husband, and ME. We meant nothing to them.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 09:31PM

Mormons make a mockery of 'sexual purity' when they sing praises to a pervert who abused his authority by cuckolding his followers by 'marrying' their wives and teenage daughters to make it seem more normal to have sex with them when he was in his mid 30's.
They make me sick, knowing they're singing his praises when he exploited teenagers, is no different from their inbred cousins singing the praises of Warren Jeffs as he rots in prison for the rest of his miserable life for raping his followers teenage daughters, which is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 10:44PM

They sure sound like it from the lives they lived, but also the business of asking people about their sex lives in interviews. How disgusting is that?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.