Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 01:27PM

On our way up to see an ExMo standup comic, Bengt Washburn, last night my nevermo Atheist partner suggested that we listen to a podcast by "The Mormon and the Meth-head", which was brilliant,

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chappelle-burr/id1357356830?i=1000455982451

They're a couple of standup comedians, he's a Millenial ExMo and she's a recovering Meth-head, who discuss a wide range of ideas but this last episode is about the problem with Dave Chappelle's last Netflix special, where he caught a lot of flack for his bit about Trans people. In it they talk about the irony of Mormons refusing to refer to transgender people by their chosen pronoun, while insisting that they not be called "MORmONs" anymore, that they now and are quick to correct anybody who calls them MORmONs and insist that they should really be called, "Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" which is obnoxious.
Nobody is going to use 11 words to communicate something that can be communicated in one word.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 07:19PM

Nobody is going to use 11 words to communicate something that can be communicated in one word.

I agree!! It is another step toward total mind control!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.