Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for just now ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 07:23AM

"Stop making images of Jesus. He isn’t a white guy."

Erm, yes he was. He came from the Mediterranean. That doesn't make him Nordic necessarily, but it means he would look like a modern day Turk, Egyptian, Italian, Iranian etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 08:05AM

Jesus was from the Middle East. He would have had Arab and Jewish traits in his face.

The History Channel did a show on what Jesus back 2000 yrs ago would look like.

He wasn't the Catholic/Mormon surfer-dude everyone associates w/Jesus now

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 08:22AM

But the Jews got scattered in 70 bc and the Harod temple was leveled. So it's a race of people that disappeared from the area. We really don't know for sure what they looked like, but I'm guessing considering how race proud they were they were probably nordic looking.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 09:50PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 11:59PM

"^" means usually agreement to reference to the above post.

You're Welcome!!

Date: November 13, 2019 12:05AM

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 12:09AM

Some Jews left, but most stayed--as had also happened when the Assyrians and then the Babylonians conquered Judah. The vast majority of Jews/Samaritans/proto-Arabs remained right where they were through the destruction of Harod's Temple.

Genetically, Jesus was exactly what his ancestors had been and essentially the same as the people who still populate Palestine/Israel. There is no archaeological or genetic evidence to support your claim that the Jews disappeared and were replaced by some other race.

This stuff isn't that hard.

Date: November 13, 2019 12:18AM

I was going to write some rambling thing, but instead, here's a nifty link: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/archeology-hebrew-bible/

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 12:26AM

macaRomney thinks "race" is a substantial concept and that peoples have different intellectual and moral characteristics based on ethnicity. He thinks Europeans civilized the Americas, Manifest Destiny was a divine mission, etc.

So he'll go to great lengths to admit the possibility that Jesus was an Aryan (meaning Germanic as opposed to the more accurate Iranian or northern Indian). That's what's going on here.

Date: November 13, 2019 01:02AM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 09:48AM

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 11:02AM

Luke, I am your Saviour!

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 05:41PM

Thanks. I was feeling glum and this lifted my spirits.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: November 12, 2019 05:46PM

*waving fingers*

They don't need to see my temple recommend.

These aren't the images they're looking for.

We can go about our business.

Move along.

Date: November 12, 2019 09:20PM

Have the denials started yet?

I don't wanna be late/left out!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2019 09:22PM by GNPE.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 12:06AM

I hope everybody here knows that it was a joke.

Date: November 13, 2019 12:07AM

This is the kind of mistake one makes when they aren't allowed to watch R-rated movies.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 01:23AM

The Farce is particularly strong among the inhabitants of Spanish Fark and American Fark.

To be fair, Obi may have been intended to be a kind of Jesus-like character.

So archetypes r gonna archetype.

The problem remains though that all of those Jesus images set a really poor example for our modern youth. Long-haired hippy guy in sandals and wearing a dress. Facial hair... It's pretty disgusting.

Get a haircut, Jesus! Where's your white shirt and necktie. Don't try to give me that old "my crucifixion injuries make it painful to wear collars and cuffs" excuse. Think of the children and the example you're setting. You need to put in at least one public appearance in a suit and tie, properly groomed and shaved, so that the pictures can be updated.

Date: November 13, 2019 03:37AM

just a question, mind you...

Would a 'bolo' ('Western') tie on the King of Kings, Master Savior be acceptable?

that could be interpreting Christ as taking a few steps away from our current POTUS, but who am I to say?

For now, I'll skip the speculation as to his ethnicity & skin tones.. Also 'up in the air' is all the nonsense about facial hair, I'll leave that to the sisters who battle with this problem/situation.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 06:12AM

The true and correct attire and grooming standards were revealed to an IBM committee when they were drafting the dress code manual for IBM salesmen in the early 1960s.

Originally, the revelation was supposed to go to David O'McKay, but at the precise moment that Elohim was focusing his revelatory intent through the lens that is the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost burped and the revelatory beam overshot and somehow ended up hitting the IBM committee. (The IBM committee had been discussing turtlenecks, jeans and tweed jackets just minutes before the revelatory beam hit them.)

http://www.ivy-style.com/drones-club-ibms-new-hq-in-62.html

Do you see any bolo ties?

The only bolo that Jesus needs is the Be-On-the-Look-Out kind of BOLO, as in be on the look out for a guy looking like Jesus because he seems to have disappeared and his church is getting worried.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 13, 2019 11:03AM

May the forced (to CTR) be with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.