Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 04:31AM

He comes up with strange concepts in his videos that "prove" the Mormon church is true. Lately he has come up with a weird system of numerology to prove the Book of Abraham and other Mormon craziness. Basically, he's set himself up as a new prophet. Do you think he can save the church? He has a bunch of these "prophetic" videos on YouTube.

Edited by moderator to remove presumed medical diagnosis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2018 12:37AM by Maude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 01:16PM

I have TBM cousins and TBM brothers who would as likely pay lip service to his BS than not.

They make excuses for each cockamamie teaching the church has, despite obvious contradictions to biblical truisms.

That's why it's impossible to have discussions about beliefs when we're together - theirs or mine. There's space between us like a gulf a chasm wide, that we respectfully don't cross.

Like finding DNA evidence for Hebrews among Native American Indians. There isn't one scintilla of proof. Tell that to my Mormon brother and might as well be talking to the Man in the Moon.

One TBM cousin listens to the conspiracy theory radio channels of Alex Jones and others. And believes every single lie like doomsday is upon us. You can't convince her otherwise. Even her TBM mom is frustrated trying to reason with her, she is so brainwashed by that nonsense.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 07:13PM

In the pre-internet and especially the pre-YouTube days, I was like one of the "persecuted" TBM's. When someone approached me with an "anti-Mormon" newsletter or book, I would think: "Here we go again." I was so convinced of the complete honesty of the General Authorities that I couldn't believe the "crazy" things they said, anyway. One newsletter claimed that Joseph Smith had married other men's wives. What a hoot! I knew that Joseph Smith had practiced polygamy honorably, or God would have ditched him as a prophet. No, the shooting wasn't God ditching Joseph. It was martyrdom!

Even when the internet came, I avoided links to "anti-mormon" websites or blogs. I did run into some strange issues at liberal Mormon blogs, but put them on the shelf.

Because I had been living way out in the sticks with only Dial-up for connection, I didn't really have access to You tube until 2010. What a wonder, all those videos! Historical Mormon stuff got thrown into my face. I googled to research all of the stuff, found original sources. I started buying books from Amazon. I tried to shelf things, but finally there was no way to deny the truth any longer. I made my declaration to my husband in 2015. At first he was shocked, but soon agreed with me. We started visiting another church.

About the time that I was exiting, Paul Gregerson was entering with his own videos. He had "new evidence" for the Book of Abraham. It didn't make much sense to me. All those anti-mormons have lied to you, he said. But I have checked original sources! And he keeps putting stuff out that is more and more weird. He says many are coming back to the Mormon church because of him. And many are deciding not to leave after watching his videos. It's proof to me the the LDS church is one big nuthouse.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 09:01PM

I betcha somehow he's profiting off the YouTube videos he's running online. If only from the advertising profits that YouTube pays him. If he takes donations from his fan club, even better.

That may be his motivation for making the videos than defending the gospel, as he relays it. With maybe a narcissistic streak that he would compare himself to the founders.

One of my RM brother's high school friends grabbed some anti-Mormon literature from me when I was a young adult - refusing to hand it back. He said I was not to read that stuff because it was from the adversary. And.I.believed.him.

I was like you, too trusting in what I'd been brought up to believe to question it from outsiders challenging those beliefs.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 09:26PM

Paul Gregersen is merely just another MORmON apologist trying to make a crap pile tall enough to validate Joseph Smith's book of MORmON / gold plates scam.

Certain MORmONS like to claim that Gregersen's claims are unassailable. OF course, MORmONS love to claim that MORmONISM is unassailable and indispensable. i

Posted by: Richard Holmes ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 04:58AM

?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 10:11PM

Just goes to show that, like Joe Smith, you can make crap up and convince people...whatever it is you want to convince them of.

By the way, let me show you how chicken blood sprayed above your door frame can keep away evil spirits. Send 10 dollars to.....

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 16, 2019 07:56AM

The only thing weirder than thinking LDS is true is wanting it to be true. Why would you? Their afterlife is so lame.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.