Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: November 21, 2019 07:59PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/11/21/pete-davidson-slams-political-correctness-wont-play-colleges-anymore/4263286002/

Pete wouldn’t have been welcomed at a Stake gathering forty years ago . . . And finally the typical college kid is in line with the Mormons - so says Pete.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: November 21, 2019 09:12PM

Most people I know here in the midwest don't think or talk much about Mormonism. The ones that know a Mormon just decide whether or not the Mormon they know is nice. If that Mormon is/or isn't nice that's what they think of Mormonism. They know Mitt Romney is a Mormon and that's about all there is as far as celebrity Mormons. Since Donny and Marie aren't much in the limelight I don't think they make much of a difference except to old folks that remember them.

Now the FLDS are a bit different. But I'm not sure too many people here know the difference. FLDS they know are polygamous.

When "Mormon Ads" were on TV, everyone I knew just thought the theme of Mormonism was "Family Friendly" but doctrine was not really known at all.

Typical college kid here doesn't even have Mormons on their radar screen let alone being "in line" with them.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 21, 2019 10:38PM

The only way society could catch up to mormons, is if society had a time machine capable of going back 60+ years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.