Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 26, 2019 06:45PM

I was struck reading this in regards to the simplicity of the message.

"The people who care about you will want to know you, not an edited version of you. Those who care about you will want you to be happy."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/advice/dear-therapist-i-will-probably-take-the-secret-of-my-sexuality-to-the-grave/ar-BBXi3sm

Mormonism is so much about editing yourself. You have to pass regular interviews for full participation and avoiding pariah status. You have to conform to intolerance and conditional shows of affection towards friends and family in your religion.

Nothing about what your take on happiness is but always about what the religious organization hawks as happiness, Mormonism puts your discovery of happiness or lack thereof in your life and proscribes and prescribes what is happiness for you. Mormonism requires you to edit your personality, sexuality, individuality, skepticism, and critical investigations of it in order to be able to consider yourself happy.

I wonder how many Mormons have taken the secret of their unhappiness in Mormonism to their graves?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2019 06:45PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.