Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 06, 2019 03:06PM

This intel news from BYU really got me thinking. Here the lord's university is telling people that by the numbers combat and losing limbs produces PTSD at their relatively low level of up to 1/4th of the people affected.

What about those of us left on their battlefield of beliefs?

https://news.byu.edu/intellect/stronger-for-having-served

I suggest many individuals really accept and embrace the fact that they lost a testimony of Mormonism. Like losing a spiritual limb and facing a lifetime of combating doubts about doubts and a social and support network of former comrades in heavenly armor.

I think we can all be optimistic about the potential for recovery, reintegration and resilience in response to the potentially traumatic and life-changing event of losing faith, hope, and trust in the promised life and afterlife of Mormonism and all the respect and support of family members as well as other members. Losing one's beliefs doesn't have to be seen as anything less than a battle for life after the conflict with self and others is o'er.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 03:07PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.