Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: December 07, 2019 10:32PM

This man died a couple of weeks ago after a long year of cancer, leaving his wife and her 3 young children whom he adopted. This drawing appeared on his Facebook page.

I can't decide if the drawing is in amazing bad taste or a nice tribute to him.

https://imgur.com/a/tz9uL7z

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 07, 2019 10:56PM

At a time like this, one does not criticize the theology of memorials to the deceased, even if the granite monument has a gaudy heart with cupids. If they say "he's in a better place," then that must be the contextual truth, even if he's, well, would anybody say that about Jeff Epstein? But for a young family man, it's valid.

Hyperbole aside, one's comments must be, "Oh, how comforting!" or something, and don't point out that is a very unSemitic Jesus.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 07, 2019 11:11PM

I have had an astonishing number of uber TBM family members die of cancer. People who led exemplary lives by Mormon standards but died, some of them young of that evil scourge. Made me question the actual power of the priesthood even before I was old enough to be ordained into it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 08, 2019 12:03AM

Whole lotta testing going on...

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 08, 2019 03:51PM

Er... which one is Jebus ?

;-)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 08, 2019 04:07PM

If thumb-size has any correlation with ...

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: December 08, 2019 04:13PM

I used to wonder at angels and hereafter-people being so happy. In their unreachable CK, after their death-pain is gone--don't they miss their home here? Don't they miss us at all?

Posted by: outta the cult ( )
Date: December 08, 2019 04:37PM

His widow is really in for a hard life going forward. Her church is limiting her to the mormon dating pool, but in all probability won't allow her to be temple-married again. What are her chances of finding a "worthy priesthood holder" who will (a) raise another man's three children and (b) be OK with any of his own children from this marriage being taken from him and given to her 1st temple husband?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.