Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holistic Donut ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 05:13PM

would, at times be very tempted to attend church if there were free glaze, powdered, chocolate and jelly donuts available whenever you wanted one. And icy cold milk or hot chocolate!

Can you imagine the anger of the full tithe payers, having to watch the non-tithe payers eat up the 'free' goodies that they, the tithers, had paid for?

It's likely that a principle attraction of the Celestial Kingdom is that it would be free of all the riff-raff! You know who you are!

I wonder if there are free donuts in the Celestial Room? Maybe that the real reason they don't let people hang around for long?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 05:26PM

I like this thread.

It really highlights how much of a cult LDS Corp is. If they actually cared about people they would invest in donuts instead of stories of repressed women making them. They would have church buses to pick people up instead of requiring all the load of caring for members be done by members.

Instead of tons of money sitting in accounts and temple property they would administer actual things to improve human life.

But they are a cult with "endure to the end" as their motto. It is dark and scary and all you have is your family with an empty promise for eternity.

Sad and lonely.

Free donuts at least feed the hungry. Loaves and fishes still seem better than hollow promises and requiring members to help each other out of guilt and duty.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 06:33PM

"God loves you! And he needs money!"
  --George Carlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iouZYYzQEjU

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 06:35PM

Joe Pesci doesn't love you but might give you money.

https://time.com/5747207/home-alone-joe-pesci/

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 10:05PM

in b 4 ~ try the Episcopalians church OPie ~

Posted by: Joe Friday ( )
Date: December 12, 2019 11:00PM

My partner Joe Gannon and I were on the bakery detail, when we were called into the lieutenant's office. "There's been a report of donuts with their holes stolen," he told us...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.