Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 12:51PM

Tis the season for exmo flashbacks and SusieQ#1 has delivered as regularly as Saint Santa. Enjoy!

Here's SusieQ#1's explanation of this all "came to pass".

"This came about, many years ago, because my daughter and I were chuckling about the "brag letters" we got with Christmas cards from our Mormon friends and family. So, I started writing some letters and it took off from there. This parody is, in essence, the evolution of a Mormon woman. It is a collection of snapshots of her life over several years in the form of Christmas letters."

http://www.salamandersociety.com/santa/newsletter.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2019 12:54PM by cricket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon4Dis ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 01:38PM

I'm happy to announce that I've been given bail so I can be home for Christmas. Not only did my bishop give me a recommendation, but also my stake president and five--count 'em, FIVE!--GAs.

There are a few provisos. Not only do I have to wear an ankle bracelet, but they want me to stand at a well-lit front window for five minutes at the start of every hour, so the local constabulary can confirm the electronic read-out with a visual check.

It's going to be good to be home for the holidays. Can't wait till all this is over, and I can be home for good!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 02:43PM

Thanks, cricket. It's a nice time to remember SuzieQ.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 06:18PM

Nightingale summed up so well our collective loss: "I'm especially sorry for those RfMers who are personally touched by the loss of SQ. I feel very sad and only knew her by her posts through the years. These days age 77 is on the young side. I would have thought she would have many more miles to go. I feel a pang when I think of her. I always read her posts."

Others that I miss deeply are: Yossarian and Flattop. I'm sure that I've missed several others.

This aging thing sucks!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 03:10PM

Ha ha ha! A classic.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: December 22, 2019 11:00PM

I enjoyed that, thanks! Too funny, but also too poignant!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.