Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 03:55AM

You don't need the "Gospel" to be good. You can simply be good, if you want to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 10:31AM

Her car broke down twice within a few days, the second time being in an intersection with six kids inside. And she admits that she will be "short on bills this month." And yet she justifies a 10% tithe to a church which is sitting on a $100B fund. That is brainwashing at its finest. Mormon church leaders should be proud of themselves for draining so much money from a family that is obviously struggling.

My parents would have been ashamed of themselves if they had provided for a church above providing for their own family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2019 10:33AM by summer.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 11:42AM

It was 2 kind strangers who helped her; not her tithing money, not anyone from the Q15, just 2 strangers.
On the other hand, they could have been two of the three Nephites...

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 12:17PM

Plus, she acts like the only kind strangers are going to be fellow Mormons. I've always joked that if my car ever breaks down in Maryland, all I have to do is pull over and wait. Within minutes someone will pull over to ask if I need help. The woman also could have called for police assistance. A police car would have pulled up in back of her with the lights flashing for safety, and assisted her in calling for a tow truck.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 12:01PM

High ca-ca all around.

she opines that ChurchCo is saving for a 'rainy day' as if ChurchCo might help someone in the event of a rainy day; well, a rainy day is NOW hurting many Mormons including TBMs with various challenges besides & more serious than a needed car repair:

employers are cutting back on benefits of health care & pensions ('rainy day'); wages have only marginally increased in real terms (exceptions for the super-rich such as Jeff Bezos et al).

That's quite a leap from an auto break-down to justifying $100B saved for an imaginary 'rainy day', Superman, Spiderman, and other super-heros would be proud (IF they were real)!!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 12:36PM

Pffffftt. So typical this kind of article. She's got the cadence down.

TBMs will love this. But its just preaching to, reassuring, the choir.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: December 27, 2019 02:46PM

Not that we can actually answer questions, we just ignore them, diminish their importance or lie and accuse you of being angry for asking legitimate questions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.