Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fasting Fred ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 02:26PM

Please join with me this weekend in a special 48-hour fast that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Aint's will begin to release the millions of dollars stored away for apocalyptic times such as what Australia is experiencing now.

Many of the Aussie saints need help. Hospitals need re-supplied. In general, help is needed. Jesus is no respecter of persons.

The fast is to inspire the brethren to begin to help people in need.

If you can't fast 48-hours, just explain one food item that you will do without.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 02:40PM

Prayer is conditional upon faith. I'm afraid I don't have any faith in the mormon church to do the right thing, so I don't see this working.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 02:58PM

Fasting Fred Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please join with me this weekend in a special
> 48-hour fast that the Church of Jesus Christ of
> Latter Day Aint's will begin to release the
> millions of dollars stored away for apocalyptic
> times such as what Australia is experiencing now.

Fred, that needs to be seen on Facebook. May I quote you?

Posted by: FF ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 03:40PM

No, I was being totally sarcastic. I am an atheist. I don't believe in prayer, fasting, God, etc. Don't quote me..lol.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 03:51PM

Ok, I won’t.

I knew you were teasing about fasting. I thought it was a catchy way to laugh at them and expose that they aren’t helping in a time of real catastrophe.

Thanks for responding to me.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 08, 2020 03:04PM

They don't need prayer, they need money.

Send some.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 12:03PM

Exactly

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 01:01PM

Send the Mormon cult money!

SRSLY, a lot of Mormons paid their tithing to the Mormon church this moonths. It would have been of some help if Rusty had told them to send their tithing money (even half of it for the one month) to Australia, instead. I actually did this, when I was a TBM single working mother, abandoned with no alimony or child support, barely scraping by. It was during the aftermath of Hurricaine Katrina, and as I was writing my tithing check, I thought, "Why not donate this to people who are truly in need, instead of to the missionary salesforce, BYU which I hated and my children would never attend, or building temples to do useless rituals for people who are already dead, to pay the GA's, or to run LDS,Inc.'s spinoff businesses?"

I already had my suspicions, back then, long before RFM and the facts, long before knowing about the 100 billion.

I wrote the check to the Hurricaine Katrina fund, and it felt so good, that I did that for several months. I wish I had continued to donate to good causes, but I was coerced into paying tithing again, so I could see my daughter get married in the temple. (Looking back, the wedding was not worth all that money, except I was there to COMFORT my daughter, when she started crying in disappointment, in the crowded locker room, after the brief, ridiculous costumed ceremony that demands vows of obedience to the cult and makes no mention of love, honoring, or cherishing.). I never gave the Mormons a dime after that--still, there's regret for all those years of paying tithing we couldn't afford.

Clever sarcasm, FF!

I'm waiting for a Mormon to ask me for money or favors again, so I can tell them,

"No--but I will fast and pray for you!"

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 06:48PM

Will you follow it up with a big grin, or keep a pious look on your face?

I gotz ta know!

Date: January 10, 2020 06:08PM

Mormons usually don't understand levity. My delivery will be with the pious look of condescention, using by sweetest female "temple voice", and with great sincerity, just as the Mormons taught me.

Date: January 10, 2020 06:18PM

My question is: where was that money BEFORE it was used, and where is the rest of the money that is waiting to be used?

No fincial experts in their right mind would keep it all in the form of cash. Scrooge McDuck would need a much larger swimming pool to dive into that much money. It's gotta be earning capital and interest, somewhere--WHERE?

Isn't there is a pre-existence for money?

The "Golden" Questions are: Where is it now, where did it come from, and where is it going?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 01:16PM

I saw a brief article--no details about funding. They were applauded at the airport.

Edit: And, of course, the Salvation Army was involved from the start. I read a feel-good item last December how a particular kettle location gets a 1 -oz gold (investment) coin every year. Alms in the purist form (Matthew 6:3-4).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 02:52PM by caffiend.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 03:56PM

If the money is for a rainy day, or the end times, etc....what criteria are they using to know its time to use it? How hard does it have to rain? How do they know when the ends times start?

I think its so if the church every collapses, they can take it with them as owners of the corporation.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 09, 2020 06:54PM

Based on what was revealed by the whistle blower's brother, that $100,000,000,000 fund has only been used twice:

1. 2008, to bail out Beneficial Life when the mortgage bubble burst, and

2. 2016-ish, when the needed a quick $1.5 billion to finish City Creek.

Or as some might say, when the church needed to bestow charity on its self, it was happy that it was able to do so. How great is ghawd that he'd had them plan ahead!

So the indications are that unless you're a needy mormon church, don't bother asking for a taste of those billions.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 06:11PM

my twin pregnancy 34+ years ago. I now have type 2 diabetes, so I can't fast. See, I have all kinds of excuses.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 09:20PM

I can fast, but I do it with narrow rules. Not eating Brussels sprouts is my version of fasting.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: January 10, 2020 10:35PM

I fast by not eating liver.

However, we all should post this 48-hour fast thing on facebook. Maybe it'll spread like wildfire...we can only hope...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.