Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Confused33 ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 06:21PM

I am going with a an older TBM woman she is quite beautiful anyways we talked about marriage and she started to tell me that in the bedroom she wants spiritual intimacy. I tried to have her explain but she what it was but could not. Then we talked about a civil marriage. She told me yes we could have a civil marriage but that same day we have to go to temple to be sealed I asked her why. She said she could not go to bed with me until we were sealed for all time and eternity.. I explained wait we are just married we are not breaking any covenants if we go to bed no has to be after temple sealing. Has anyone heard of this before she tells me that under new church policy this is what people are now electing to do. Sounds very bizarre. Comments

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 06:48PM

I'm going to assume that this woman was previously married. Ask her how many times a week she likes to have sex on average, and what she likes and/or does not like in bed. If she refuses to give you an answer, ask her when she feels would be an appropriate time to discuss it. If she responds, "After we are temple married," then you deserve what you get.

Does that answer your question?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 06:57PM

>> "....she tells me that under new church policy this is what people are now electing to do."

mormonism is full of doctrine that is ill defined, and/ or very open to interpretation. Church leaders leave it the the members to decide what to do in many if not most cases.

In mormonism, if you are civilly married, there is no requirement for a temple sealing in order to have sex. The fact that she is "electing" to do this say's a lot more about her than it does about the church.

What it does say for sure is that both the church and she are screwed up.....don't overlook this as you progress through you relationship.....it may be an indicator of issues yet to come.

Posted by: CuriousCaseOfUnspokenCureloms ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:00PM

Spiritual intimacy? Will you undress her with your spiritual eyes? It worked for the three witnesses and the eight were just jealous. Yet, all of them never denied what they undressed with their spiritual eyes was of God.

Posted by: not gonna log in ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:07PM

The new rule is that couples can have a civil wedding before the temple sealing without the intervening one year. They do NOT have to be the same day.

The "no sex before sealing" is not part of the policy. Possibly a bishop or someone has pulled this out of the air to ensure that the sealing portion actually gets done – some couples get married just to have approved sex, and if they're getting it done without the sealing, then why bother? Either that, or she's engaging in some serious virtue signaling, in that she doesn't consider the civil wedding a "true" marriage.

I think "spiritual intimacy" is one of the more recent mormon buzzwords that the church has invented to maintain their iron grip.

TBH, she sounds overly indoctrinated and controlling. Is that kind of attitude what you want in a wife? Is she *that* hot, for you to allow yourself to be manipulated for the next 20 years? High price to pay. Get ready for a church-on-steroids-centered life.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:11PM

Are you a mormon? If yes, you would need an active temple recommend to go to the temple the same day. If you are not, you would have to join the church and probably have a waiting period of up to a year before you can get a temple recommend to get sealed.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:13PM

in b 4 ~ ¿ how can Rfm help without pics OPie ? ~

plz post links to pics for greater assistance with your problem ~

thx OPie ~

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:15PM

This doesn't sound good. She isn't even able to define what spiritual intimacy is, so when will you know you have fulfilled that part of her "dream?"

Has she been married before? Had sex before?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 07:41PM

Pay no attention to the red flags. The temple ceremony is meaningless but you’ll have to play along with it and the rest of Mormonism for the rest of your life. Or her life if she goes first. So make sure the other Mormons she knows are people you can stand. They’ll always be trying to convert you or feeling sorry for you if you’re not an active Mormon. Once you check into that asylum, you’ll need to make yourself at home.

Posted by: evenmoreconfused ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 08:47PM

The title of this topic seems to be redundant. I would peruse the pages of this site and see how much dysfunction and unhappiness has been created by relationships formed under crazy thinking.

This is seriously what you are signing up for if this woman is naive enough to believe any of it.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 09:20PM

Is Spiritually Raunchy a thing?

Maybe 'down & dirty' is not Celestial, but how about 'down & dingy'?

Posted by: batcave lingerie ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 10:00PM

The woman must believe that she needs to go to the temple to unlock her imaginary chastity belt or having sex will be futile.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 10:31PM

If you haven't been a Mormon and been a True Believer and then gone through the trauma of having to find out everything you believed and held dear was a fraud then you have no idea what being a True Believer really is.

Really, from what you explain, you'd better break this one off or you will be woefully sorry. It is not an easy process to break out of being brainwashed. She's brainwashed. God will always been in between the bedsheets between you and her. She probably won't be able to sleep in the nude, but will insist on obeying the rules of always wearing her garments as she, in the Temple, will be instructed she must do. "Spiritual Intimacy" means there will always be her garments between you and her skin.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 11:41PM

If intimacy has anything to do with something other than just the two of you, that is spiritual infidelity.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: February 05, 2020 11:59PM

It is said that women are oppressed and powerless, yet in order to get what they want, they control sex, which is what men most want.

Men get the priesthood, which is actually fake. I tried to use my priesthood to get sex from my wife, but she laughed at me.

Anyway, have fun begging for sex for years, like a dog. Keep jumping through hoops and passing her shit tests.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 12:16AM

I'm challenged to believe these Uber-Dramatic posts from first-timers;

I guess some of them are sincere & truthful, but others aren't.

Question: Why are some men such wimps?

Remember: In MORmONism, everything earthly is temporary, so what happens here only matters around the edges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2020 12:31AM by GNPE.

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 12:31AM

Do not marry this “beautiful “ woman. Your life will be living hell. Find someone normal, someone you like and who likes you.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 01:58AM

WTG, Mormon girls! Go ahead and marry the man of your dreams! Then, don't give him sex until he takes you to the temple. Your civil marriage will give you license to do all those other fun things to completely disarm him, and to gain more power over him.

I can see this being taught at YW, or whatever they call it these days.

Just like the Mormons have always been intimidated by gossip when they don't get married in the temple, they will be punished for getting married in the temple first. I mean, rumors would fly that the non-temple-married couple were pregnant, or they were immoral and not "temple-worthy", or they were irreligious, etc. The year's wait would have been no big deal, just by itself. But, the cult leaders knew, from their surveys, that very few civilly married couples would bother go to back for that extra mumbo-jumbo, and would be getting on with their lives. Hence, the gossip.

You can bet that the Mormons will punish the couples who opt for the civil ceremony first. Gossip: the pregnancy and immorality accusations. They weren't valiant enough to get married the "right way." They failed to put the church first, and they let social stuff get in the way. They were materialistic and wanted the fancy wedding ceremony, instead of doing things "God's way" in the "House of The Lord". I can hear it, already!

But I didn't think of the brilliant idea of discouraging sex until the deal is sealed in the temple. Brilliant! This will actually work! The Mormon cult wins again!

Run for your life, Confused33! In your girlfriend's Mormon-dominated life, you are merely a role, a breadwinner to pay the tithing, a means for her to get into the Celestial Kingdom, a necessary ingredient in her purpose of "miltiplying and replenishing the earth." It's your life, so go out and live it, and you will run across many women who share your same interests, and who care about YOU as an individual.

Mormons are not taught to love unconditionally. It is that acceptance and appreciation that you will miss the most, once the fun of courtship wears off.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 03:46AM

Got to give her the patriarchic grip before you give her your dick.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 02:26PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the patriarchic (patriarchical?) grip

please tell me that's not in the temple foolishness still...

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 05:15PM

It takes all kinds. I remember a man in my quorum who claimed he and his wife prayed before having sex. Talk about sucking the fun out of something. And no spontaneity, I presume.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 06, 2020 05:18PM

Amen.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mormon ( )
Date: February 07, 2020 03:33PM

She doesn't want a marriage or a relationship with you. She wants a business marriage.

<<<we talked about marriage and she started to tell me that in the bedroom she wants spiritual intimacy. I tried to have her explain but she what it was but could not.>>>

Translation: She does not want any physical sex.

<<<Then we talked about a civil marriage. She told me yes we could have a civil marriage but that same day we have to go to temple to be sealed I asked her why. She said she could not go to bed with me until we were sealed for all time and eternity... I explained wait we are just married we are not breaking any covenants if we go to bed no has to be after temple sealing.>>>

QUESTION: How did she respond?

<<<Has anyone heard of this before she tells me that under new church policy this is what people are now electing to do. Sounds very bizarre>>>

It is bizarre. Even the LDS/Church INC considers a civil legal marriage as "justified".

My two cents: a healthy RELATIONSHIP includes emotional AND physical intimacy. She sounds like a woman that has the "reward/punishment" aspect of sex as an LDS woman. If YOU aren't worthy of it she's not giving you that part of herself.

Best wishes,
RMM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 07, 2020 04:21PM

She’s crazy.
How weird a life will your kids live ?
Will your mom get to come to dinner without a temple recommend?

How manipulated do you wanna be ? (For time and eternity.)

Stand on your hind legs.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 08, 2020 07:54PM

I love that line "stand on your hind legs" If more people did that (instead of rollover and hide) we could overcome so many troubles!

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 10, 2020 09:54PM

Eternal family is the main goal of Mormonism. She wants to be sealed to you after death. First you would need to get baptized than wait a year and after 1 year you can go throuh the temple. The fact that you are on an exmormon site doesn't seam like you are a believer. To get a temple recommened one needs to be a full tithing payer. For some lds people only vaginal sex is allowed, oral and anal is forbidden. Other lds people are everything goes it really depends on the person. Same with birth control. Some like my cousin don't believe in birth control and have as many children as god will give them other's use birth control and maybe choose to don't have any children. Your girlfriend or fiancee needs to open up to you a bit more of what she wants. My guess is that she wants you with her in church every Sunday and only vaginal sex. Full tithe payer and accept every calling.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 10, 2020 10:21PM

Sounds like this woman wants to play a game of mormon pursuit. She wants to hook a man who agrees to give in to her ridiculous demands aka spiritual intimacy, then she brings over her mormon buddies to work over this potential convert.

Very sick mindset.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.