Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 27, 2020 05:10PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWH8N-BvhAw

This speaker teaches how to have hope during extreme adversity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: February 28, 2020 01:28AM

Thank you, Topper. I really needed this today, as it was a rough day, pain-wise. I will watch this video over and over again. I don't like feeling like I'm "disabled", and I don't want to mourn my loss of health so much that it ruins my good attitude about my life. It has been difficult for me to deal with my childhood PTSD, and my two abusive Mormon husbands. The Mormon cult seemed to pile even more negativity on top of what I already was dealing with. All three of Lucy Hane's 3 behaviors would have been almost impossible for me, if I had stayed in the cult. I had a lot of trauma and abuse to deal with, so I went to a non-Mormon psychiatrist, and he taught me about these same,
principles, and others. I will have to work on this forever, but it's worth the effort.

This question that Lucy Hane asks, "Is this helping me, or is this harming me?" is one that people should ask themselves about the Mormon cult!

It was definitely harming my children, as well as me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2020 01:54AM by forestpal.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 28, 2020 03:10AM

Oh, I am very glad that her talk was so helpful for you, and lifted your day. It certainly helped, mine, too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.