Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 12:24PM

They've canceled all the premature priesthood ejacultions!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/02/27/coronavirus-fears-cause/

I guess Rusty M will have to do the job single handed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 12:25PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 12:34PM

Russ is A WINNER!!

He predicted an 'extraordinary conference', and

THAT'S WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN :)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 01:02PM

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 01:08PM

Too bad, one good cough and the whole lot of them could be gone.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 01:19PM

I can't imagine the anxiety of parents whose son or daughter is on a mission overseas. There are already enough potential dangers out there and now they have to worry about contagion? (Although there is some reassurance in that younger people are not in the high-risk group to get deathly ill from coronavirus but still they can contract it and who knows how things play out from there).

In some areas the church has instructed missionaries to stay in their apartments. Can we say stir-crazy in 24 hrs? The mission is boring enough as it is. Now they have to stay indoors with no TV, no non-church books - what is there to do? How many times can you read the BoM? Or play I Spy with your companion?

A church spokesperson said they can teach "receptive" people using technology. Great idea - maybe they can keep all missionaries stateside from now on and just reach out to the world via Facebook et al. Would save a ton of money all 'round and keep kids home. Maybe they could even go to school and do their missions part time. Maybe missions should be truly voluntary from now on and not an expected rite of passage (at least for males). And absolutely, as senior folks are more at risk of serious illness with coronavirus, senior missions should be altered or discontinued in certain countries or better yet, altogether. How much do they really accomplish out there anyway?

Maybe COVID-19 will change the way we all do things in this world forever. If the trusty cheek kiss greeting and handshakes are being curtailed due to fears of spreading the virus, maybe we will never get back to getting into other people's personal space again. If the Queen of England has to wear gloves now when presenting medals and there's no more kissing the Pope then we know things are getting scary out there.

And no more True Signs at the temple veil. For starters.

Surely it must be the Last Days!

Date: March 05, 2020 02:04PM

When the sure sign of the nail is one in your own coffin you really are true to your covenant of giving all unto your very life.

Date: March 05, 2020 02:05PM

Wrong place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 02:05PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 01:57PM

No protection? Did Russ forget to pay the Pizzo or does he think he's sterile now? Must be one or the other.

Date: March 05, 2020 02:05PM

I don't know about sterile but he is puerile.

Date: March 05, 2020 02:19PM

As well as infantile, and quite possibly shape shifting reptile.

Date: March 05, 2020 02:26PM

Wise ass man speak with forked tongue.

Date: March 05, 2020 04:10PM

Rolling snake eyes.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 07:56PM

is senile a possibility?

Date: March 06, 2020 12:46PM

Yes, but it is pale shelter kinda like what his bookends "WendyDew" do for him. Cold hands. Completely in command.

Posted by: jc ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 02:59PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the 300 voice MoTab Choir singing with masks over their mouths!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 03:17PM

No Worries, Mate!

they'll use holograms of a past performance & project it onto their normal places!!

easy squeesy!

Smoke & Mirrors? Obsolete!!

If the presentation has a glitch, they have a Good Reason ready!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2020 03:21PM by GNPE.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 10:32PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 05, 2020 10:55PM

So when they to the television re-do of the talks will there still be the sounds of people coughing to give the illusion of an actual audience ?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 06, 2020 12:39PM

When it comes to GC, I prefer abstinence.

Date: March 06, 2020 12:47PM

When it comes to GC, I prefer absinth.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 06, 2020 04:18PM

I reserve most of "la fee verte" for writer's block, but I guess it could help keep one's sanity intact when dealing with the brainwashing boredom of GC.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 06, 2020 12:43PM

I don't understand the paronia.
these things come and they go.
It is planet earth!!

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: March 07, 2020 11:03AM

Even if the virus does not spread in the US as it did in China and even if the fatality rate is lower than projected because of lack of testing, the mormons should cancel their conference.

From a public relations point of view, a conference center with 20000 people is bad optics, especially for a church that is trying to be main stream while still holding onto it's backward beliefs.

That image will scream to the world that they really don't believe in good science or good citizenship.

It will look selfish and foolish.

While I wouldn't mind the church being exposed for the arrogant organization that it is, holding a conference at this time presents an actual threat to public safety.

The govenrnment at the state or federal level should prohibit it.

Date: March 09, 2020 11:01AM

Lowpriest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It will look selfish and foolish.

I disagree. It will look like what it is - a business. This bicentennial of the founder seeing God and Jesus holding hands together in the air the church of Jo smith ju will look like what it really is - a business supported by the visions of cagey founder.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 07:39PM

Great point, Elder Berry!

It's the same type of business that Brigham Young ran when sending off the Mormon Batallion and using their uniform allowance to finance the move west. Of course, he rode in a wagon.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 07, 2020 12:45PM

Perhaps some ex-mormons should make an appearance at General Conference this year. Take something you know you're allergic too and rub it on your face and hands, or pin it to your shirt. Then attend conference that way. Don't be shy when it comes to caughing and sneezing a lot. Don't wear a mask. If anyone complains, tell them you've been back from China for two weeks now and that this is 'just allergies'. Have fun with it. Tell them god protects everyone at General Conference. Tell them to have faith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 12:47PM by azsteve.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 08, 2020 11:20AM

"And no state or city has banned large gatherings or implemented the type of aggressive “social distancing” policies employed to battle the virus in Italy, Hong Kong, and other affluent places. (After this story was published, Austin, Texas, cancelled this month’s SXSW festival.)"

Date: March 09, 2020 11:02AM

Take your vitamins an take your masks to General Conference!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.