Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 02:29PM

In case you miss my memorial to BKP just posted at r/exmormon. Caution: Trigger Alert!

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/fgi50b/guess_who_boyd_packer_is_buried_next_to_symbols/

Your personal reactions are appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 02:36PM

I drive by that gravesite quite often as my parents are buried in Brigham City, as are all my father's siblings and spouses, my cousin (who was 3 days older than I am), and my grandparents, probably some great grandparents. But I go to my parents' grave often. Many people I know are buried there.

And my aunt and uncle are buried close to Boyd as my aunt died in November 2018. I had forgotten where my uncle is buried and so was surprised to see where we were at when we went to the dedication of the grave.

Are they related? Snow and Packer? I used to babysit for Packer's wife's brother.

P.S. Packer is my favorite apostle of all time (sarcasm).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 02:37PM by cl2.

Posted by: IAWIA ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 04:03PM

Not everyone buried is loved. Memorials serve to remind us of who they were. I don't know where my dad is cached. If I did I would pee on the site. I think mom dumped him in the old outhouse in our back yard. I would love to pay my respects to BKP as part of my recovery.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 06:40PM

You enter in the middle of the cemetery on the west side and go up that road past 1 lane and in the next block of graves is Boyd Packer close to the eastern end of that section. You can see Snow's grave as it is tall. Packer's headstone is fairly large.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 08:57PM

I wonder which is truer: Did he love his children more or did his children love him more.

He had a bunch of kids, but he probably spent most of his time away from his family. The mormon way is to always be busy with church. If some leaders are genuine assholes and mean pricks, then the family would feel blessed that he was away doing church work.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 10:28PM

Why no, neither Packer nor Snow's gravestones seem like compensation for anything. /s

BTW, who was cruel enough to put a rotting pumpkin on Packer's grave? That gourd deserves better than that scumbag's grave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.