Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 03:51PM

Granted, it's been over 20 years since I last attended an endowment session, but I started thinking about coughing and sneezing. I think there was a box of tissue in the chapel area (I recall it sitting on the last pew).

I know that you were discouraged from carrying a loose tissue in your hand because they stopped my Dad one time. They told him he couldn't carry it into the endowment room. So he graciously blew his nose, rolled it into a ball and stuffed it into the hand of the curmudgeon who wouldn't let him carry a tissue.

I'm just curious if the church ever had hand sanitizers anywhere near the celestial room.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 05:46PM

Graham Greene: "I caught belief like a disease."

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 13, 2020 04:46PM

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 06:01PM

Thinking back to the big polynesian man that dipped his fingers in oil and smeared it on my bare body in an assembly line
ritual.....I'd say no.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 06:05PM

Sounds fun, though.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 06:19PM

Five points of fellowship in my day with the veil of the temple acting as a barrier between Adam and the Lord. Now just think of all the whispering through the polyester for the not-so-secret Second Token of the Melchizedek Priesthood given upon the 5-Points of fellowship. A microbe’s delight!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 11, 2020 06:26PM

For one, air doesn't move through the temple. It is stifling. Lots of touching. Way too much touching for me, especially BY STRANGERS. I also hated the 5 points of fellowship. I thought it was worse than washing and anointing. I also haven't been in 30 years. Last time I went was in 1990 because my husband wanted me to see the new endowment and then they went and pulled me aside to do sealings. Never went back.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: March 13, 2020 05:40AM

No, I don't think the temple is hygienic, especially the baptismal font used for baptisms for the dead. How often is the water changed? At the end of the day or several times during the day? I can't remember if the water was chlorinated when I was dunked.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.