Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jacko Mo Mo ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 06:42PM

I'm not a germ phobe but for a number of years I've wondered about hygiene and the sacrament. For example, say that little girl with a cough and sniffles two rows in front of me just spilled her half consumed water into some of the remaining full cups, or, the teenage boy that incessantly picks his nose just handled two pieces of bread, etc. People are going to be more questioning and paranoid about the current process when sacrament resumes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:37PM

People have becoming ill at church for years, but it was seen as a lack of faith to stay home when sick!

The church has been getting away with it for years.

On my mission, a woman and her two sons were very interested in joining. They were committed to baptism and we missionaries were "stoked" about it. On her visit to sacrament, she really watched the priests. According to her observations, each of them had been touching their faces around 30 times before breaking the bread. That was too much for her!

She told us that she couldn't afford to be sick every week and stopped our discussions. My companion thought she was a crackpot/germaphobe, but she raised a valid point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 07:37PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:49PM

I always washed my hands with soap and water before I broke bread for the sacrament. I could not vouch for my fellow P hood holders. I wouldn't touch a piece of it now with a ten foot pole.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.