Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 11:34AM

azsteve, I apologize for the tone and the content of some of my prior posts that were properly deleted. I apologize for posting incorrect information, the source of which admits that it was published out of context. I'm annoyed with that rag because it failed at their job. The fact checking was piss poor, and it took too long to provide the proper context to a piece it ran.

I apologize to all I insulted and abused who merely exercised their right to vote.

I apologize to Admin for breaking the rules and making their lives more difficult.

I'll do better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 01:39PM by Beth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aaron ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:21PM

You may not take the sacrament for several weeks which will cause you public shame and humiliation. This is because we love you.

Date: March 22, 2020 01:25PM

Thanks. ::weak smile::

I've turned into an Us and Them person. "When did that happen?" I'm asking myself. How do I stop it? I need to think about that and listen to some Floyd.

Love you, too, man. Muchly.

Posted by: Gaffer ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 06:05PM

What about the Scarlet Letter thingy....Anybody got a red A?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:41PM

Maybe it's like this, Bethie:

Did you ever have a teacher/professor who threw out our worst grade ?

I need my worst 20 thrown out.

I suspect you'll be fine.

:)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 02:55PM

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

And damn, I missed it all. :(

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 08:38AM

I caught some of it, but didn't understand/know the context...so I sat in a corner for ~15 minutes eating popcorn...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:05PM

?

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 01:15AM

"I absolve you of your sins, in the name of the father, and the son, and into the hole he goes..."

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 24, 2020 08:36PM

Sorry, I grew up pre-Vatican II in a very Catholic city, and can swear in Italian (came in handy watching The Green Book, and The Irishman) and bless in Latin. It was basically like the words taco and burrito in Utah - stuff absolutely everyone knew about.

I kind of enjoy getting to dust off a bit of Latin now and then.

May all your sins be venial. :)

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:05PM

I always offend and then i get blocked and then the cycle repeats but i should be blocked or i end up posting too much. I'd probably be a better community member if i found the cure to nerve pain like tomorrow. Trying these supplements but takes a long while for supplements to do anything.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:17PM

Very serious recommendation:

Medterra (the brand name) www.medterracbd.com

CBD Gel Capsules, 25 mg each, ONE capsule per day. (There are 30 gel capsules in a bottle.) DO NOT go over this 25 mg./capsule per day dosage or you will not pass a drug test.

The cost is about $44 per bottle (so: about $1.47 per day).

Take the capsule, with water only, first thing in the morning.

For me: the results, even on the first day, were literally unbelievable.

This should help greatly....and virtually instantaneously (if my experience is valid for others).

Date: March 22, 2020 04:27PM

Ok. You use this for nerve pain? I just ordered a bottle of nerve shield plus and they said i get a refund if it doesn't work so i ordered a bottle.

So you are saying that medterra works for your nerve pain? Or just average pain? Because nerve pain is a whole nother beast then average pain.

Date: March 22, 2020 04:32PM

I am not sure of the specifics of your (individual) nerve pain, and I am not a doctor or a medical professional so I am also not sure if I could actually understand even if you explained it to me.

What I AM sure of is that this product works, and it works for what I THINK you are describing.

It is totally worth the expenditure of $44.00 to find out.

Date: March 22, 2020 04:50PM

It looks like there is a store that sells the stuff a couple miles from here so i will check it out. May not be open on a sunday though.

Date: March 22, 2020 04:56PM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like there is a store that sells the
> stuff a couple miles from here so i will check it
> out. May not be open on a sunday though.

You can order it over the phone, or on the internet.

Date: March 22, 2020 04:59PM

The pain i am trying to describe is electric type pain.

Date: March 22, 2020 05:01PM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pain i am trying to describe is electric type
> pain.

I think this will help, and I think this will help immensely.

I hope so!

Date: March 22, 2020 05:36PM

I may wait till the store opens tomorrow. I kind of don't like ordering things online anymore if i do not have to. Less risk in just paying cash straight up and not have to wait for the shipping either.

Date: March 22, 2020 05:42PM

This is fine.

I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

Date: March 24, 2020 08:22PM

The lady gave me some samples. So far 8mg has not done much. I will try 20mg tomorrow and see if that does anything. I wanted to see if the lowest dose did anything but 8mg hasn't really done much.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:38PM

If anyone on this board wants to criticize me, which is more than fine, please do so with facts. Show specifically what I got wrong.

But please don't resort to generalizations and stereotypes. I don't care if people like me, but in the interests of some sort of progress in dialogue have the courtesy, the honesty, to indicate what I wrote is factual incorrect as opposed to emotionally triggering.

I would be grateful.

Date: March 22, 2020 09:49PM

Saturday night I posted a rant full of invective where I was basically replying to myself the entire time. I insulted a VAST number of people who did not vote as I had, I called them names, there was some additional, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!," which *is* true, but I meant die from COVID-19.

I continued my rant and wrote something that I'd read back in January that was reiterated by WaPo on 3/13/2020. An opposing article was written on 3/16/2020. I'd read the former but not the latter. azsteve was one of the people who responded to my personal rant thread and said something to the effect that what I'd written was incorrect. So I vented my spleen at him.

Today, I read a correctionish/explanationish thing WaPo published on Friday. WaPo ran two opposing Op-Eds during the span of about a week. One supported what I'd read in January, and the second didn't. Last Friday, WaPo was trying to square a circle. *THAT* was when I thought, "rut-roh - I've been telling people (not just RfM) something that needed more context than I'd received or passed along.

The correctionish thing is buried on the online version, but it can be found here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/20/was-white-house-office-global-pandemics-eliminated/

Then I thought about how I developed an Us vs. Them mindset. I haven't decided. I left FB about two years or so not because *I* could be swayed by gifs and shares bur because *they* were.

In the past two weeks I've been wondering why I thought I'm immune from confirmation bias. I'm not.

My lefty ways have not changed, but I'm disturbed about the part I play in this polarization. I went from "There is no Us and Them" when I was a teen to "Screw Them" now. I'm not happy about that change. I need to think about why I think that I have the market cornered on common sense.

So, I vented my spleen at WaPo and decided I didn't need that subscription anyway when I read the local rag and the NYT.

NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with LW. I'm a grown woman, and my bad info did not come from LW, it came from the WaPo and it fed into what I want to believe.

I'm going to cross post this to the other thread where they are going at it. Then I'm going to be AFK.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 09:59PM by Beth.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 08:43AM

"I insulted a VAST number of people who did not vote as I had,"
^^^^^^^this needs to stop^^^

This isn't just for the OP...but for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e......

I know mormonmism, recovery etc changes your religious and world views, I get it...

It is "ok" to be not of the prevailing mindset re: religion, and current events of those who have or are recovering...

carry on....

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 25, 2020 08:18PM

I haven't noticed any offensive posts from Beth,. I'm sure your fine. Left, Right, in between, if we are civil everyone's welcome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.