Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 08:52PM

No one is supposed to leave their houses so things have been insanely busy and i am exhausted. I feel guilty if i don't work right now and take a day off but i am exhausted like probably the medical people might be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 09:15PM

Thank you for delivering that food, because it is probable that many people you deliver to could not do this for themselves, on their own.

In your own way, you are now a hero too.

Thank you for your service to those in your community.

Date: April 01, 2020 11:04PM

This may sound weird but i actually do feel like i am finally valuable to society. Never felt useful to society for a lot of my life but i actually feel useful and is not just a job. I think this is why i am working more than normal. There is glory in this for the warrior.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 03:59AM

I am happy for you.

:)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 09:17PM

Stop nibbling on their food!!!!

Date: April 01, 2020 10:53PM

I never nibbled ONE not ONE old dog. I live by a code.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 09:50PM

Take a day and rest. You will be in better shape to avoid this virus if you aren’t exhausted.

Date: April 01, 2020 11:09PM

Good call. Its tough to take a day off right now but i need to. With my high blood pressure and sleep apnea i am a risk of having problems if i get infected. I wash my hands religiously though right now. Delivery drivers are needed right now more than ever though. I can't even keep up and have to decline deliveries.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 10:20PM

You are making a significant contribution. Take care of yourself so you can continue to do so.

Date: April 01, 2020 11:12PM

I thought about that. Burning myself out won't help long-term if this goes on for a while.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 01:22AM

It will go on for a while and you will continue to contribute. We owe all the restaurant workers, the retail workers, the delivery people a debt of gratitude.

Give yourself what you need to keep helping people. One day you'll tell your children and they will feel proud of you.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 10:21PM

I can't imagine what it's like for you. It's exhausting just receiving the groceries. Find a safe spot to put them. Put what you can into hot, soapy water. Wipe what you can with Lysol wipes. Safely get rid of the packaging. Wash your hands and wash them again. I thought, "All I want to do is put them away, but I can't do that."

I was just thinking yesterday, after receiving an order, how exhausting it all was. And here you are, giving us the other side of the coin. The poor girl who put my groceries in the trunk of my car looked exhausted.

Just, thank you.

Date: April 01, 2020 11:39PM

A lot of the delivery drivers have stepped up. I see them pushing the pace out there with me. I should force myself to take all of tomorrow off. I have to. Even if i feel guilty and a ton of orders may be left hanging. Just may take longer for people to get their orders if i take a day off.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 11:57PM

I am with you Greyfort. It IS exhausting. I just wrote the same kinds of precautions in Summer's thread. I envy you the wipes!

Warrior71783, you are being a life line to many. But remember, you can't help anyone if you get yourself too wiped out.

Date: April 02, 2020 01:05AM

I'm trying to remember that. I do know i have a problem of going overboard. The part of me that thinks he always has to prove himself or something.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 10:48PM

so many deliveries. You probably need a day to just CHILL completely. I did that yesterday.

Date: April 01, 2020 11:33PM

I need to chill and thats what i am doing right now because i have to take a break my body is forcing me. I think i took one or two days off in the last 14 days. Its hard for me to chill right now so i just work it off i guess. Ever since the governor ordered a lockdown and for people to stay home except for essentials the deliveries have been absolutely off the charts. In a weird way it is good for me to work a lot from a mental stand point but from a physical standpoint it is not good.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 12:21AM

Badass, remember to eat healthy food, drink lots of water, and get a good amount of sleep. This will help your body build resistance. And, as others have said so well, keep your hands washed and clean. Stay healthy, strong, and sane. Boner

Date: April 02, 2020 12:37AM

And everyone should be taking a multivitamin.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 11:52AM

The prophet told us to do that like a year ago?

Date: April 02, 2020 01:16AM

I don't really know how to eat healthy boner. I am allergic to many vegetables and fruits. My allergy doc has the same allergies so he knows i am not making this up just to get out of eating fruits and vegetables growing up. Its a pollen allergy or something that affects certain fruits and vegetables like carrots for example. I don't want to be called badass anymore because i really do not connect with that persona anymore. At least not fully. I have gone through MUCH therapy since i was the badass. I barely remember who that guy was really. All i know is that i was in a lot of trouble and in a lot more pain back then. I do not think i am fully bad as i had once thought or what they made me believe i was.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 11:48AM

I did not know about the name preference, Warrior. I will address you as Warrior. I’ve never thought of you as bad, just a catchy name. Can you eat green leafy vegetables such as romaine lettuce and spinach? Here’s hoping you stay healthy and safe!

Date: April 02, 2020 12:50PM

I can have lettuce and spinach. Putting vinegar on cooked spinach is pretty awesome and my grandma used to make that all the time. Yea just address me as warrior for this chapter of my life. I almost feel like the real adam again and i know that sounds crazy. I am still a crazy bastard though but it feels more natural and less oppressed.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 01:48PM

>>Putting vinegar on cooked spinach is pretty awesome and my grandma used to make that all the time.

My mom used to make it that way as well. I sometimes have it that way out of nostalgia, but I like it better with butter and salt & pepper.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 12:26AM

I would try to take some time off, Warrior. This virus isn't going anywhere quickly. There will be plenty of time to make money.

Date: April 02, 2020 01:07AM

Thats what i am realizing. This is not just a one month flyby type of a situation.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 03:01AM

It’s kind of cool how your job has become important all of the sudden. This is the new normal. Even after this blows over delivery will be a thing.

Date: April 02, 2020 12:56PM

The importance has most definitely made me care more about a lot of things. The opposition of a virus threat has put a change in me and lit a fire under me or something. Like big time. Its been a long time since the warrior has had an opponent that was not himself. Its gotten me out of my own head which is hard to do.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 10:55AM

Would it be possible for you to team work shifts? I mean, find someone who can work in your place for a couple days, and then you work in their’s. I don’t know if it’s possible, but it’s a thought I had.

Date: April 02, 2020 11:18AM

Very good idea PapaKen. Right now it is important that we all share the load no matter what that load is.

Date: April 02, 2020 12:59PM

Well we do have schedules set but then when i am off schedule i get a text saying we a very busy right now meaning they are having trouble keeping up so of course i jump into the fray again to help the situation.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 01:03PM

Warrior, I hope I get to meet you someday.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 02:30PM

Exhaustion causes serious accidents and we don't want that. Ask for help and consideration here and there and be safe.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.