Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 05:25PM

already and i have decided not to be like that. I don't care if a meteor crashes into the earth on top of everything going on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 05:52PM

Calm is most always better than not calm.

(With some important exceptions, such as needing to urgently communicate warnings to others.)

Date: April 04, 2020 08:22PM

I just got yelled at for parking legally in front of someone's house for like a second. Threatened me with getting my car towed. I was just dropping off food to their neighbor because there was no parking anywhere closer. I just said to myself i am not going to be like that person. It was definitely a "get off my lawn!!" moment but i was not on their lawn i was on a public road in front of their house. There was no 'no parking' sign. I'm definitely going to be cautious with people like that around.

Date: April 04, 2020 08:24PM

P.S.-does the cbd gel caps you take make you a little drowsy? Trying to figure out if these gel caps are the thing making me drowsy.

Date: April 04, 2020 08:52PM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S.-does the cbd gel caps you take make you a
> little drowsy? Trying to figure out if these gel
> caps are the thing making me drowsy.

No. Not at all (I don't think), BUT:

If they are making you drowsy, I would first check to make sure you are getting enough sleep....which may not necessarily be "sleep all at once."

One of the things I have noticed, and most especially since the stay at home orders went into effect, is that we are sleeping about two times a day. Regular "night sleep," plus two or three hours (more or less) in the midst of the day, which seems to feel incredibly "restorative."

I have been thinking this is protective (a side effect of the real trauma we are all going through right now)....that the "middle"-of-the-day sleep is, by itself, strengthening our immune systems....but possibly, it also just MIGHT be a side effect of the CBD capsules (because, internally, it feels like our immune systems ARE being strengthened).

So you may be absolutely correct, and the CBD capsules may also, in some good way, be strengthening your internal processes and, simultaneously, "demanding" some extra sleep over what you ordinarily sleep at night.

My question I have been wondering: Have you noticed an improvement in the painful nerve issues you were having?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2020 08:53PM by Tevai.

Date: April 04, 2020 09:23PM

It seems that the nerve pain has decreased some. I wonder if i should drop the CBD dose to 8mg and see if that is less drowsy but still effective against the nerve pain. I do have sleep apnea that has gone untreated for like a month now because i broke my mouth device so sleep apnea may be an issue. They have not called me to tell me if the sleep device is fixed yet but the office may be entirely closed right now because of the lockdown order.

Date: April 04, 2020 09:31PM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems that the nerve pain has decreased some.
> I wonder if i should drop the CBD dose to 8mg and
> see if that is less drowsy but still effective
> against the nerve pain.

Sure!

Try it and see if it works for you. If so, great!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 08:29PM

Don’t know about the CBD, sorry Warrior, that that person was a jerk. It sounds like you’re holding n. I’m going crazy right now because GC is on. I’ve reminded myself I’m not going to get angry or depressed that my family is gathered around the tube. I can hear a woman’s voice speaking right now, at least it’s not the old farts pumping out gas. Stay strong, Bro!

Date: April 04, 2020 09:26PM

I feel for your torture boner that i once knew. I made an ex-mormon GC video on youtube to show some support for you through your torturous situation. They should make enemy POWs watch conference to torture and get information out of them. Just thought of that.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 10:03PM

I'm pretty sure making POWs watch GC is a violation of the Geneva Convention. Or it should be.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 08:32PM

This thing is definitely bringing out the best or the worst in people. This time period seems to be bringing out the best in you.

Date: April 04, 2020 09:27PM

For sure. Its a topsy-turvy from how things used to be. Now people are MUCH more angry than me at this time.

Date: April 04, 2020 09:31PM

I see this virus as a LEGIT formidable opponent. And all warriors crave an opponent to be overcome. I can see the effects of this opponent where ever i go. I will not cower against this. I will counter it with what i do best. Drive and deliver basically. My job actually means something for once.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 02:22AM

Be calm but be careful.

And remember a lot of people are really afraid right now.

Date: April 05, 2020 02:49AM

Well i figure it will not help if i show that i am afraid as well.

Date: April 05, 2020 07:56AM

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Note, YOU WILL REMAIN.

I think you are ready for the Dune series. Not just Dune as it is only a slice but the series. I think you would benefit from it :)

Date: April 05, 2020 12:39PM

Never seen the dune series. I do learn things from movies that is for sure since i basically learned nothing in religion.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 03:47AM

When I was growing up, my sister and I were the only Mormon kids in our school (we were from a very liberal New England college town). I always felt a bit out of place because I knew were were different than everyone else around us. I always felt a lot more comfortable at church activities, when I got to hang out with other Mormon kids. I always felt like the Mormon kids would be the ones I was friends with for life, and that I'd never feel very comfortable with my classmates. Now that I am in my 40s, I feel like I identify with, and feel far more comfortable with, my liberal classmates than I do with the Mormon kids I grew up with. To my surprise, I very much enjoy high school reunions far more than getting together with my childhood church friends. Watching social media during this crisis makes this stand out so much more. All my classmates are talking about being socially responsible, posting things about how if we are responsible, and work together, we can make it through this crisis. Many of them have posted things about volunteering to bring food and supplies to those who are in need and unable to get them. Several have even gone as far as offering food to friends and neighbors who have lost their income due to the virus. My Mormon church friends? All of their social media is about how this virus is either blown out of proportion, or that it is the end of times, the need to listen to the prophet, being glad they have guns so they can protect their supplies, etc.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 03:54AM

interesting observation, alsd.
Very,

alsd Wrote:

All my classmates are talking about
> being socially responsible, posting things about
> how if we are responsible, and work together, we
> can make it through this crisis. Many of them have
> posted things about volunteering to bring food and
> supplies to those who are in need and unable to
> get them. Several have even gone as far as
> offering food to friends and neighbors who have
> lost their income due to the virus. My Mormon
> church friends? All of their social media is about
> how this virus is either blown out of proportion,
> or that it is the end of times, the need to listen
> to the prophet, being glad they have guns so they
> can protect their supplies, etc.

Date: April 05, 2020 03:57AM

I figured the cults would go to apocalyptic mindsets immediately. Even the programming is in my brain and i have been out for a couple years now. I find myself panicking if the food goes as quickly as the TP went you know. I hope this does not get messy where the military has to be on civilian streets. Really don't want to see a tank outside my window because of civil unrest.

Date: April 05, 2020 07:51AM

YES alsd. This is what I am seeing too. Not a one of them is DOING anything for anyone. Stuff your "thoughts and prayers". Share your damn TP with the elderly couple on your block.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 10:45AM

I am seeing a lot of two extremes in behaviour. Of course, I am not in Utah and not surrounded by an mormons. When I go out hiking and pass other people, I move off the path by one metre. If they did the same thing, the appropriate social distancing would be met. But a lot of the time people don’t. It seems so arrogant and selfish, as well as nonchalant.

I wonder what accounts for these two extremes of behaviour? On the one hand you have people who are panicking and taking it out on others; within that category you could place the fearful mormons who think the end is coming.

On the other hand, people who don’t seem to care, also to the selfish detriment of other people. You can include within that category mormons who think god will save the world if they fast.

Both these extremes feel like egocentrism just expressed in different ways? Thoughts?

Date: April 05, 2020 12:44PM

I think both extremes are incorrect and selfish. They do not see their own behavior as coming back to bite them in the form of a virus but it most definitely could especially with this particular virus. This ain't no flu thats for sure.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.