Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 01:16PM

So Dusty Rusty is going to have the whole world that is watching do the sacred Hosanna Shout. Its to be part of Sunday Morning service. Its to be part of a process that is scared to Mormons. Now the whole world can participate in this. Mormons and non Mormons. I think this is Dusty Rusty doing something to make him stand out. I remember that the white hankie waving was something we did in the temple dedication. You needed a special interview and recommend to go. Rusty is just reducing the Church to nothing special anymore.
Comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 01:24PM

LOL! Yeah, that will make them look less weird!
People will be joining in droves now that the restriction has been removed (eye roll).

I think you are right. He's trying to shuffle the magic cards a little to make it look like they are doing something significant.

I hope he pointed out the hankie can also serve as mask they can wave around later. ;-)

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 01:27PM

What is the purpose of the hankie wave? I remember doing it at the Provo temple dedication way back when I was a college student but I thought it was only for temple stuff. And people are at home so where is the big show of white hankies waving? Gad, this sounds stupid.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 01:41PM

are Mormons obligated to hold their hankies by their 'testimony gloves'?

It might be a touch more sanitary IF you're recently laundered the glove in HOT water, ya know...

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 02:02PM

It just occurred to me that many old people have a stash of white hankies from back in the days before everyone carried around tissues.

My dad always had a white hankie to offer someone (like in the movies when the little lady starts crying).

I have several my parents owned. My grandma used to crochet little borders on the ones for ladies, just like making fancy temple aprons.

Finally the church found a use for all those old hankies? Is there some Mormon who manufactures "official" hankies? Are sales low on temple clothes and garments so they want to sell something else?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:29AM

I have a few hankies tucked away in my dresser drawer. They are white with a little bunches of flowers embroidered in the corner, and I always thought they were much too pretty to use. Can you even buy women's hankies anymore?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 08:33AM by summer.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:15AM

I doubt my daughter has one with her. I have them in my cedar chest, the ones I have.

When I saw the hosanna shout, it just seemed ridiculous to me. Does he really think people are going to think this is great and they don't really shout anyway.

Those things they consider sacred make mormons look like fools. I can't believe he is doing this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 08:29AM by cl2.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:32AM

So people are going to be doing this from their homes? I find it difficult to see why they’re bothering given that it can’t be filmed and advertised.
Please tell me mormons are watching GC from home and there is no public gathering?

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:16AM

The solemn assembly, when they will do the Hossana Shout across living rooms throughout the Mormon world. What fun...waving that white hanky with all the giddiness that Mormons can muster. This is the pinnacle of Mormon excitement. I attended a Hossanna Shout at a temple dedication at my stake center one evening. Everyone was so "solemn"...how special. I dropped my hanky on the floor on accident while sitting in the pew, and the stake pres member behind me tapped me on the shoulder and explained to me in front of my wife and entire family how sacred the event was and the hanky shouldn't touch the floor. I then stood up, mooned him, and wiped my arse with it (JK on the last part).

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 10:49AM

L O L. If only!

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 12:23PM

to purchase white hankies? Was there a rush on white hankies?
Did the stores run out?
After all, who has white hankies any more?

Do you think you could just use a Kleenex?

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 12:30PM

Glad i never participated in this. There is a reason why magicians have a handkerchief as part of their show.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.