Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 11:54PM

Shout out to Fox 31 Denver reporting on the LDS church in TWO segments tonight. The first, reporting on God's reactive approach to finding charter flights to send 69k Missionaries home from around the world. I guess God fell asleep at the wheel on Covid 19.

The second segment was featuring a Lone Tree family (rich area of Denver) who has a storage at home and explained the church's teachings of stocking up food for situations much like covid. The news channel reported that you can start this by buying two of everything, kind of like Noah, two by two, hoard your butt wipe and eggs, screw your neighbor. Reactive lessons that create more anxiety on already nervous folks who just want to get back to normal.

As far as I am concerned, if LDS Inc. came clean to begin with, we would have to scramble to move missionaries back home from around the globe. Moreover, we wouldn't endanger the elderly in temples by shutting them down at the vale a little late with secret hand shakes and ear to mouth verbal exchanges that clearly violate the 6 foot rule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jupiter's Beard ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:42AM

I caught those segments, too. Are they trying to drum up business? That was just so strange to see. They can't hide how culty they look to outsiders.

And I highly doubt that family with food storage is actually going to help their neighbors. There is a reason why they hoard, and it ain't about helping anyone but themselves during disaster times.

Anyone with half a brain can see that church doesn't have any ability to reveal useful prophetic things if all those missionaries were stranded. Kind of like it caught them by surprise.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 01:02AM

It’s harvest time. Once they’re dead, getting them baptized is a cinch. Apocalyptic death cults were made for times like this.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.