Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 04:29PM

TSCC has been hyping and building up expectations for this “historic” conference for the past six months, and they deliver...hanky waving and a new logo?

If that’s a special, historic conference, I can’t imagine how boring a regular conference would be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 04:39PM

What did you expect from a bunch of old geezers in their 80s/90s?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 04:41PM

Well, those oldsters were told to take their vitamins. It takes a lot out of them to brainstorm ideas about GC when they have nothing to work with. It does make me wonder if any of the PR dept ever comes up with fresh ideas and the geezers just dismiss them.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 05:28PM

On a bright note, at least they are not blaming CV-19 on the sinfulness of their members.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 05:28PM

Hankie waiving is sill on the docket? How 'special'.

Posted by: Metrik ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 05:36PM

"Yes, we realize that the world is coping with a devastating virus and needs answers. So, in response, we are going to double down on the veracity of a questionable vision that supposedly happened exactly 200 years ago."

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 05:48PM

In other words,"we got nothing to help you people so we are going to wave hankys and really hope people that remain don't figure us out".

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:35PM

After all the anticipationand hype, and in the middle of a great opportunity to donate millions, and uplift a world desperate for crumbs of hope and faith, the Mormon cult gives the people nothing but handkie-waving surrender, and the announcement of more temples. How out-of touch can they be?

I'm glad I lost my testimony years ago, when I was happy and confident, and life was GOOD. Now, this would be a horrible way to lose one's testimony of Mormon priesthood miracles, and of a merciful, people-saving God. I mean, the cult has abandoned its members, IMO. Mormons have no prophets, and most will believe they have no God now, either. I feel sorry for them. My Mormon family members are very quiet today.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:59AM

Yes I sometimes don’t wish my loved ones to lose their testimony because unless they do so together it will wreak havoc on their lives. I can only hope it does happen in a good, quiet way, with them agreeing with each other. I think most TBMs are too brainwashed to see through even a lacklustre, unhelpful and sanctimonious conference. They are too far gone. At best I hope they felt discomfort doing the hosanna shout from their living rooms, and that seeds of doubt are planted seeing just how unhelpful TSCC is at such a difficult and worrying time.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:14AM

Yup !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.