Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 06:32PM

My TBM dad just sent me an email with the Procolamation attached. He already printed it out and its hanging on their wall. He wanted me to have it so "you know what people will be talking about."

First of all, don't care. Secondly, whose gonna be talking about it? There is absolutely nothing in it that hasnt been preached forever. I just deleted the email- no need to even respond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 06:53PM

Of course they will be talking about Oaks’ big Apocalyptic anti-gay screed because didn’t he try to warn us? The big bad world wouldn’t listen, but look who’s sorry now. They just had to go and legalize gay marriage. Then came the virus. Next is the raining frogs.

There’s nothing like the thrill of living in a real Old Testament Moses story, but at least Heston could act. Let the Mormons have their moment in the sun on their way to oblivion.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 07:56PM

Because some countries have legalized gay marriage, the entire world is struggling with COVID-19?

Did Hoax really say that??

Date: April 06, 2020 11:32AM

Too little fact checking. But it does say this: “Disintegration of the family will bring "calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."

Also notice it’s titled Proclamation to the World. They figure Jesus is king of the world, which is fine, but they take it upon themselves to hand out proclamations. Oaks laying down the law.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:21PM

“Disintegration of the family will bring "calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets." Now a discourse on the specifics of that statement would get everyone's attention pretty quick.

What are those calamities? In my twisted mind it could turn into a whole economic discourse of how the 'Great Society' perpetuates intergenerational poverty, fatherless homes, inner city violence, dependencies on government, and a whole host of other unmentionables that the safe and secure bretheren in SLC don't know much about. A discussion about that mess would likely get them a lot of hate.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 07:20PM

Biggest threat to LDS families:

not interracial marriages or partnerships

not olders living together as 'domestic partners' to avoid social security penalties

not SSM, gays, or intersexuals, or trans people!

It IS:

one spouse decides the other isn't 'Mormon Enough' & divorces him or her.

yet when THAT happens, even with an ample dose of hatred & false court submissions .... ChurchCo turns & looks the other way! (ask me)

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:28PM

Well said.
You could add to that, mormon families judging and spurning their non/ex-mormon family members because of all the toxic beliefs behind the proclamation.
I take issue with their labelling fatherless homes a bad thing. No one stops to consider that a lot of single mothers chose that route in preference to dealing with abuse or adultery.

Point is, the focus should be on the abusers, which most certainly include the mormons.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 09:09AM

Even though I was at the opposite side of the house working in my home office, my wife yelled for me to come and watch Nelson's "Proclamation"..."You have to watch this! It's a proclamation by President Nelson. Years from now they'll be talking about this just as they do about the Family Proclamation. We're watching history!"

It was nothing more than a sanitized-for-mass-consumption version of the first visions that they've been peddling for decades. The only thing unique about this proclamation was that it was watered down more than usual so as not to spook the unwashed and unconverted masses who may stumble upon it in some press release put out by the church's PR office.

Date: April 06, 2020 11:38AM

Nelson is their king. How exciting to hear a proclamation from the king! They love it when Nelson does the king thing.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 11:45AM

I just remember the hideous hosanna shout. Was that a shout? Do they have any passion in that religion? I did love the Dallin showing. His hanky even looked yellowish.

Well, conference helped my daughter calm down, so that makes it okay to me. Whatever it takes. She's been taking this difficult since she quit her job here (which I didn't like that she had and she didn't either) to take a job that paid 2-1/2 times what she earned here to work for Princess again. She was melting down Friday and now she is calm again. She's still working since she is a manager. We'll see how things go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 11:45AM by cl2.

Date: April 06, 2020 07:29PM

I worry about my daughter too, especially at the moment. I have to take it day by day otherwise it would overwhelm me.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:37PM

Wasn't watching..didn't hear anything about the proclamation until The Boner told me about it this morning..
Something about the beginning of the end times...meh...whatever..

Date: April 06, 2020 07:30PM

I love his username, especially when other people quote it.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:42PM

Its interesting that half the people on this thread commented about the Family Proclamation rather than the new one that came out.

Obviously it must have been a huge, historical change. Lol.

Date: April 06, 2020 07:32PM

Oh I see, ANOTHER proclamation. I did think he’d just read out the family thing again as a passive aggressive way to blame the world for covid.
That’s either brave or stupid if it’s on the first vision and restoration. But it’s definitely arrogant.

Date: April 06, 2020 07:40PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2020 07:41PM by Third of Five.

Date: April 06, 2020 05:27PM

Okay, I read it. It’s basically a testimony of the Restoration. Did anybody fact check this? Because it makes them look stupid. The First Vision? Translating golden plates by the gift and power of God? Okay, I can suspend disbelief until I see the end product. Yeah, uh, no.

I saw the new logo too. Jesus is just asking for a titty twister.

It’s been 200 years. What have they done lately?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:32PM

Why wasn’t it wasn’t a revelation. Perhaps this gives future leaders a backstop to disclaiming the Vision and historicity of the Book of Mormon.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 05:41PM

They should toss a rock into the air and catch it in their hat. Might be more historical.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:03PM

Proclamation from the World to the Mormon Church—Shut the fuck up, wankers!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:23PM

I wonder what percentage of "the world" is even aware of this and what percentage actually cares if they are?

Date: April 06, 2020 07:41PM

Well it’s gonna be far less than the percentage of mormons in the world, and the mormon population is only (at the very most) 0.23%
So pointless.
I’m guessing the real point is to make mormons feel validated by their weird, cruel and unsubstantiated beliefs. Less likely to question obviously untrue things if they are feeling special?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.