Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:55AM

My mind is absolutely blown. I was listening to Ms Bingham’s talk in the Saturday evening session of this April 2020 conference and she was trying to say how men and women work so beautifully together in the priesthood which we know to be completely and utterly false.

But at 12:39 she slips up! She has an unconscious moment of truth and says... “We can actively work to devalue women as God does”

Listen for yourself!

https://youtu.be/9koruKB1KsQ

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 06, 2020 08:07AM

“We can actively work to devalue women as God does”

Also, btw, you will want to see this too. She on behalf of the church comes out and admits they have no intention of creating equality or “parity” between the sexes. (This is the sentence before the devaluing comment)

Listen for yourself!

https://youtu.be/9koruKB1KsQ

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 08:49AM

Freudian slip.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 10:38AM

Are there people actually in attendance of this conference this year or are they just filming the talks..pfft rehearsed speeches. Wow just...WOW. She didn’t even catch her slip up. She was looking around and clearly not connecting with anyone there. It was hollow and lacked sincerity. I have met my quota of these kind of women who tried to hug me and love bomb me into Church Inc submission. They jus didn’t GET it! RMM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:00PM

A lot of men in the church don't. My dad only had power because he was a big strong guy, strongest man I've ever known or met, and every guy in the church was afraid of him. My dad didn't mince words. He was a person who was "what you see is what you get." The neighbor next store was scared shitless of him. That is power. Not the priesthood. He didn't ever lead me to believe he thought the priesthood was anything important. We were NOT a typical mormon family.

My brothers are all tough guys, but they weren't your pitiful mormon men, but were introverts and mormonism wasn't kind to them in terms of making them be social like passing sacrament, etc. Only my mentally and physically disabled brother still goes. Some mormons are really good to him.

Mormonism is an equal opportunity organization for introverts. Ask Don Bagley about his experiences in mormonism, if you haven't read his posts. Warrior.

There are MANY, MANY mormon women who are in charge and if they don't have the priesthood, they MANAGE their husbands and there is a pecking order in R.S. and in Y.W. I thought I'd see women act like adults when I grew up and it was like going to middle school to work with many women in mormonism.

I could care less now what they do as far as women in mormonism even if my daughter is one of them as she doesn't take shit from anyone. If they don't like it, they can get out.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 01:42PM

I didn’t pay as much attention to what the women speakers were saying because I was thinking they all looked like they were from Stepfordville! Same hairstyles, exact same hair colors, and same clothing styles. They must’ve shopped at the same store! It was actually creepy.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 01:54PM

Even Closed Caption for the deaf picked that up and printed it on the screen.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:59PM

kathleen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even Closed Caption for the deaf picked that up
> and printed it on the screen.

Meaning that the source was the script which was fed into the captioning and also her teleprompter.

She should have picked up on it, though.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:07PM

Sister Judas Goat. Or would that be Judas Nanny?

Nice to see you around Lori C

Date: April 06, 2020 03:06PM

Why thank you! I could not let this one go by without raising the red flag!

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:39PM

Lori C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why thank you! I could not let this one go by
> without raising the red flag!

"red flag" is the key phrase here. We all should have seen it long ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.