Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JJGalt ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:13PM

A question for Mormon's on Mormon Prophesy. I am curious as to he significance with the earthquake in Salt Lake City and it knocking down or damaging the statue of the Angel Moroni on top of the Temple. Does this have any significance in Church lore or prophesy. Am curious lets hear the theories. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:19PM

God's taking out false idols, and churches.

Date: March 19, 2020 04:22PM

Is that an opinion or based in Prophesy etc. Not critical honest question.

Date: April 08, 2020 05:12PM

Does this make sense. Mar 18 Moroni loses his trumpet. Symbolizing what? Spreading of the Gospel? So trumpet gone no more spreading of the gospel. Shortly there after missionaries called home because of Chinese Virus. Hmmmm.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 08, 2020 05:14PM

Is his middle name James? Joseph? Jeremiah?

How do you know his middle name!?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:28PM

In my home ward in the 1970s, we were taught that Salt Lake City would become the most wicked place on earth in the latter days. And they advised us not to move there for that reason.

I don’t think these are the alleged *latter days* but if Salt Lake City is the most evil place on earth it’s because Mormonism made it that way.

I wonder if Moroni was trying to pitch that horn and bounce it off Nelson’s head.

Posted by: JGalt ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:38PM

Well thanks so far, please understand I don't have a dog in the fight, I am not Mormon or Anti Mormon just a student of life

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:54PM

If you’re a student of life, there are brilliant people here, and you could learn a lot from their posts. I hope you stick around.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 04:59PM

THANKS for the compliment, kathleen !! :)

Date: March 19, 2020 05:32PM

Your welcome Kathleen. I am not interested in people arguing. But I am interested In people's opinions. I find thinks like an earthquake or other calamity such as the fire that destroyed Notre Dame of interest. And of course what is the significance if any.

Date: March 19, 2020 07:18PM

I find it strange just his trumpet was removed. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/earthquake-salt-lake-temple-moroni/

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 19, 2020 10:04PM

Posted by: JJGalt:

If we were in the same room, I would bump you hip against mine, to indicate "move over", for the L.A. area may be the king of earthquakes in the USA.

We just had one about two month ago, when I was reading a book in rocking chair, when my r.c. started rocking on its own. A neigber of mine rushed over to see if I was OK.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.