Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 02:04PM

Test of our faith? Sign of the times? Reason to make everybody stay home to watch conference? I figured this weekend we'd FINALLY get answers to why God sent this into the world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( not logged in) ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 03:43AM

' We've got a new logo!'

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 01:30PM

^^^ WIN !!! ^^^

*LOL*

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 04:08AM

God didn't cause this. We did.

Posted by: ApostNate ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 04:28AM

That God wants Mormons to wave a white handkerchief while saying "hosana" during Sunday's conference and then go hungry next weekend for 24 hours and, voila! Pandemic over.

Date: April 05, 2020 12:17PM

Jesus, they will be really pissed when pandemic ain't over. BUT they will say they didn't have enough faith.

Posted by: Old Al ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 01:38PM

Of course they did. Predictions are the pandemic is supposed to peak over the next week. Then they can claim their fasting caused it to go down. Typical Mormon playbook.

Date: April 05, 2020 02:18PM

Yep. They wait to fast for rain until it's in the forecast, they will fast for relief from the virus when the rate of new cases starts lowering. That should be just about the right time. Isn't it wunerful, isn't it marvelous!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:32AM

They don't appear to be handling it too badly so far (I skimmed over summaries of the talks in the Tribune.) The general tone is that CV-19 is a hardship that can best be endured through faith. However there have been no announcements of large-scale donations or charity work on the part of the church.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 08:38AM

Two haven't worked??????? One of her old boyfriends posted on her fb page that it wouldn't make a difference. That if things improve, they'll improve without the fast. His mother bawled him out on the post. My sister knows the whole family. His sister is one of her best friends. He told his mother that fb wasn't the place for her to call him out. She asked him what God had done to him and he is only unhappy as he is no longer living as a good mormon should. I got a good laugh out of that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 08:38AM by cl2.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 11:24AM

So on Good Friday the Mormons will be fasting to support health care workers and "restore the economy". Wow.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 02:21AM

If God can spend a year blowing Jaredite barges across the ocean and make them all land safely on the same day, He can do this.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 07:11AM

Nice how they will be fasting for people who in real life they refuse to speak to or treat with any normal decency. Hilarious.

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 09:23PM

Poor economy means lower tithes and offerings. As always, it’s about the money.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 09:07AM

The first thing out of Rusty's mouth on Saturday was something like, see I told you last conference in October 2019 that this conference would be memorable and you wouldn't forget it. That's not revelation from a profit if that was the implication (and I believe it was). Revelation and true profitship would have been some sort of warning. The question remains, why no revelation about important things. Ear rings and tatoos are not important. A pandemic is important. What good is a profit who is unable to prophecy, despite continually saying that he is a profit, sneezer, and reviler?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 11:10AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 11:32AM

Ted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first thing out of Rusty's mouth on Saturday
> was something like, see I told you last conference
> in October 2019 that this conference would be
> memorable and you wouldn't forget it.

er I'm pretty sure that's a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Date: April 05, 2020 12:22PM

Very true, a prophet must be able to warn people of upcoming disasters like a pandemic. You can not be a prophet if you did not specifically see this coming. Supposedly all 15 of them call themselves prophets. So they had 15 chances and should have REALLY seen this coming.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 01:19PM

Don't they usually tell us about the upcoming negative event that can be forestalled by repentance and a return to living the gospel principles?

Why didn't Nelson (HA-ha!) follow this pattern? Prophets probably really get off on smirking and saying, "I told you so!"

Date: April 08, 2020 05:56PM

I've seen some clips on Facebook of the hankie wave thing. I thought I was going to fall off my chair laughing. OMG, it was so hilarious watching three 90-year-old baldies with their old man shit-eating grins waving their hankies and Dalin getting out of rhythm and Rusty giving him the stink eye. And you're sitting there thinking THESE are the people who think WE are the deceived ones. I would hope so. I'd hope I'm seen as someone who would look at that and go WTF?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 02:32PM

Like the sign outside an evangelical holy roller church I saw..."CONFERENCE ON PROFESY POSTPONED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES"

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: April 05, 2020 02:47PM

I read an article today (probably the same one Nelson did) that indicates the virus in the US will start to level off around mid-April.

So Nelson and the rest put out their fast and pray’ for the virus to go away next week.

Coincidence?

Nope. Prophet making real life look like the prophet made it happen.

Nothing to see here. Unless, of course, you are a believer who needs something to shore up your flagging faith...

Date: April 06, 2020 03:45AM

And I would bet those old men won’t be fasting because of their age.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:10PM

And their ignorance and arrogance... They'll be 'slowing'.

Mormons couldn't really fast even if they were the only ones in the race (the 'Mormon Race').

They can't FAST
In the SLOW lane

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:04PM

We're lost

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 12:47PM

Did I miss conference? was that yesterday?

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 02:54PM

Aren't the Catholics and some other religions fasting also, as they usually do on Good Friday? The Mormons won't be able to claim ALL the credit.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 03:12PM

Just like they do every year. No eating on Good Friday. It is actually cracking me up.

Catholics and some others go into the sanctuary on Palm Sunday waving palms and saying Hosanna in the highest. Hmmm waving a handkerchief instead of Palm branches.........

They are becoming more Catholic by the minute. Next thing you know they will start wearing crosses.

Date: April 07, 2020 07:39PM

Catholics are allowed to eat one full meal and then two small meals which equal one meal. No snacks. Catholics will abstain from meat. We can drink anything we want to drink including alcohol. If you are over 59 you only need to abstain from meat.

Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 11:56PM

forestpal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aren't the Catholics and some other religions
> fasting also, as they usually do on Good Friday?
> The Mormons won't be able to claim ALL the credit.

Facepalm Friday for Mormons

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 06, 2020 07:15PM

The Q-15 are living in their own world anticipating their own personal planets nd worlds. Why should they address COVID-19 whe. It doesn’t exit in their personal worlds?

Date: April 07, 2020 10:52AM

"Oh fetch, I can't get that virus...I'll look bad...they'll think I have sinned."

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 11:04AM

Ted!! Repent before it’s too late !

Date: April 09, 2020 09:00AM

lol...it's too late.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: April 07, 2020 11:20AM

I agree with you, Third of Five. They are all poster children for the word:”Hypocrite”.

It would have been quite the impressive thing to see all Q15 and GA’s out everywhere in the world healing the sick.

At the very least, I would have felt some measure of respect if they would apply a mighty crowbar to their $100 Billion wallet to help in this catastrophe.

But no; they stay hidden away, waving their white hankies of surrender.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 11:52AM

Once again, the LDSinc’s self-styled “Prophet, Seer and Revelator” failed to do any of that. At the very least, a prophecy could have been timely for the purchase of masks and ventilators, maybe? Perhaps the mishies could have been returned home sooner rather than later? Etc?

And once again, LDSinc’s tithing paying members will excuse the lack of foresight, let alone prophecy, as somehow their own fault. If only they could be more righteous, more deserving, then Heavenly Father might give his Prophet a prophecy...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.