Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SomeMillenial ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 07:34PM

I just wish the postmates delivery guy would get here with it sooner. It's a scorcher outside.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 08:05PM

You'll put your eye out !

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 03:46PM

I could use a good, cold one now (with a capital C). Also, any Modelo product. A tall glass of Modelo Especial would be great right now.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 03:47PM

Cludgie, sir, what's the word on sub-Saharan African beers?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 11, 2020 04:12PM

Oh, don't get me started!! The Bralima Brewery in Kinshasa, DRC is THE ONLY First World organization in all of the country. a has to remain so in order for the country to produce Heiniken products under license.

Anyway, it's no so much Bralima beers. They're surprisingly high quality, but it is the beer from Lubumbashi, Tembo ("elephant" in Swahili; Lubumbashi is Swahili-speaking) that may be the best beer in all of Africa. I will swear before God and Three Responsible Witnesses that Tembo, an amber lager, is THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD. Tembo is considered an import because DRC basically has no paved roads, and Tembo has to be flown in on cargo flights. The same company makes Simba ("lion" in Swahili), which, as I recall, is a regular lager. But I've never had it. Why have Simba if you can have a cold Tembo? I was so sad to leave Tembo behind. The closest thing I've found to it is Yuengling, but it's not as good.

Better than the beer is probably Tembo's beautiful collector bottles. Since they re-use bottles, many of the Tembo and Simba bottles still say bottled in Zaire; Zaire hasn't been the name of the country since the early 1990's.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikedrool/4029158619/in/photostream/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.