Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 08:42PM

Yea, though I walk through the Vallows of the shadow of Daybell, I will fear no evil:

"It’s a convoluted, WTF kind of case: dead spouses, a suspicious email, an ugly family history, an alleged drive-by shooting targeting an in-law, a controversy over life insurance money, and alleged fervent belief in the end times."
https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/chad-daybell-cryptically-says-that-lori-vallows-children-are-safe/

I fear evil happened here.

It sounds so gangster put this way.

But what happened? Anyone read more of this and have some good speculations?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kristy ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 09:19PM

By "safe", I believe he means "safe in the arms of Heavenly Father." There is a reason why she dragged those kids to Yellowstone, with her killer brother.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 09:33PM

At first my mind thought of Maroon Bells instead of day bells. Which of course is perhaps the most spectacular scenery in the Rocky Mountains. It's a heavenly place!

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 09:35PM

There's a section of Yellowstone NP where you can probably get away with murder because of some jurisdictional issues. If I wanted going to kill someone, that would be a good place to do it.

Here's one of many articles on the subject:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zn8nnw/theres-a-50-square-mile-section-of-yellowstone-where-you-can-get-away-with-murder

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: April 12, 2020 10:51PM

My wife said that a group in her Criminal Procedure course of law school did a presentation on Brian Kalt's paper. You may very well be right.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 12:36AM

Some nudists say that it's legal to be nude (not lewd) on federal property such as parks, forests.

I checked into it, some places have agreements with local laws; co-concurrent enforcement agreements.

Using this same 'reasoning' (HA!) if U murdered someone while standing on post office property, a national park or forest, even an owned federal prison, office building, etc could 'get away with it'; I'm sure that's a lie.

As a sworn police officer I was told that crimes on federal property are ordinarily investigated by the FBI, prosecuted in Federal Courts;as with most laws, there are exceptions & exemptions...

Note: the postal service is now 'a private company' (cough!), just as Amtrak is; crimes against certain private entities are also investigated by the FBI, I once assisted an FBI agent investigating a vandalism of a private, for-profit radio station tower (guy wires were cut, tower crashed).
Post office delivery vehicles don't have license plates because they're considered 'gov't property', while administrative vehicles have federal plates.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 03:51AM by GNPE.

Date: April 13, 2020 03:51AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Using this same 'reasoning' (HA!) if U murdered
> someone while standing on post office property, a
> national park or forest, even an owned federal
> prison, office building, etc could 'get away with
> it'; I'm sure that's a lie.

"Federal district" and "federal property" are not one and the same. It's a stretch, for sure, and many conditions would have to be met. Still, the Vicinage Clause of the Sixth Amendment and questions of jurisdiction could conceivably confound prosecution at least once before congress acted to close the gap. Regardless, it could have been what Vallow and/or Daybell had in mind when a decision was made to take the kids to Yellowstone.

Date: April 13, 2020 03:56AM

Regards Jury Selection...
Doesn't make Any crimes legal!

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 07:14AM

Still, if one was planning a crime, it would make sense to do it in a remote area where remains and evidence would be extremely difficult to obtain, and where prosecution would be a complex undertaking.

Date: April 13, 2020 07:37AM

I agree in the sense that Lori Vallow appears to have (had) No Concern for those children (? both her biological children?)... Evil knows no limits.

However, what are the current pending charges? Are they still child neglect (or whatever it's called there)? this process is going Very slowly, isn't it?

I shouldn't speculate on how crafty / scheming / 'intelligent' Lori & her now husband are or were, 'it boggles my mind' to think that Anyone would process thoughts like that...

Date: April 13, 2020 05:12PM

Neither Kalt nor anyone here suggested the crimes would be legal there. It's simply a matter of jurisdiction issues making prosecution more complex.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 10:23AM

Coronavirus. It was big news in Utah for a while, and Idaho of course. I have no doubt the kids are dead. If she killed them in Yellowstone, you have to wonder how she did it. I forgot to read someone else's link about where it might have been.

She is a sick woman. I'm glad she hasn't been able to post bail.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 11:06AM

I think I'm going to wait for the movie.

I'm pretty sure this story will be weird enough for someone to make it a movie or TV show.

Date: April 13, 2020 01:21PM

But will they get the story? It is like a collection of information with no thread of a coherent story.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 01:50PM

Why the expectation of coherency from End-of-Timers?

If the kids were alive, why sit in jail arguing about bail? You don't have to reveal their location if you have them call in usung facetime, etc., using a VPN.

Date: April 13, 2020 02:43PM

elderolddog Wrote:
> Why the expectation of coherency from
> End-of-Timers?

I don't expect coherency from them. Their story will have a coherent storyline. Right now it is like they popped up in Hawaii with a lot of baggage.

When Warren Jeffs was on the lamb there was a lot of information. Now there is a coherent story line. Him without garments in Vegas with 10 ipods and his favorite wife needed some splaining.

> If the kids were alive, why sit in jail arguing
> about bail?

Obviously, because the kids aren't alive.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 05:52PM

It’s too bad Peter Falk is no longer with us. I think Lt. Columbo could solve the case.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 05:17PM

I'm not walking through the valley of Vallow. I'm stuck there like quicksand or tar. I have been binge watching the whole affair. I am stuck there I want to get out. Somebody help me.

This is a story you 100 percent CANNOT understand unless you have a Mormon background. Maybe not even then.

I will share my stray thoughts as they come up in different posts. I am not real organized.

One of the reasons I am so fascinated with this case is it reminds me of my father and HIS fascination with the end of the world. It destroyed his life. I think it may have destroyed mine. At the very least, I'll never feel "normal" like everybody else.

My father is buried in the Evergreen cemetery, where Chad Daybell worked as a gravedigger and grounds keeper. My father's body was never exhumed, but his tombstone WAS reppossessed because my mother was too strung out on prescription drugs to open her mail, let alone pay her bills. My sister went to the tombstone company to order a replacement. She specified the dimensions she wanted, and what she wanted the tombstone to say, and the birth and death dates, and all the rest of it.

The man behind the counter said, "I think we have just what you need in the back, only you'll have to pay for it."

She did, and the tombstone was restored to its original resting place.

I remember, during my childhood, my family would spend Memorial Day (we called it Decoration Day" at the Evergreen Cemetery.

My father managed to procure a small slice of a human bone, from some medical laboratory, which he attached to the end of a divining rod, and he went up and down the cemetary, using this dowsing method to figure out who had been resurrected and who hadn't.

All HIS relatives had already been resurrected and presumeably walking the earth just as if they had never died in the first place.

STRANGE GOINGS ONS AT THE EVERGREEN cemetery!!!!!

But back to Chad Daybell. I actually ordered in for his autobiography "Living On the Edge of Heaven."

He comes across as a sincere, true believing Mormon, who deeply loves his wife and children. When you see a photo of his wife and read about her bubbly personality, her work ethic, what a good mother she was, what a great wife she was, you wonder how could he have let himself drift to the path he and Lori went on together. I think the French call it Folie a Duix or something. Shared delusional disorder maybe. That could be it. They definitely shared a delusion. The media keep calling it a cult, but it wasn't much of a cult -- just Lori and Chad and maybe her niece, who is now cooperating with LE, and maybe her brother, who is now dead, which means Lori has lost her hitman.

That's all I can write right now. Lori's scheduled day for the End-Of-The-World is July 24th (see I TOLD you you had to be a Mormon to get this.)

My father's preferred end-of-the-world date was June 27th, which was JS's death date. I guess it was God's way of getting even with the Gentiles for killing his chosen prophet, only the world DIDN'T end on June 27th and it iw not going to end on July 24th either.

I don't think that Chad OR Lori will ever wake up and smell the coffee. First of all, there isn't any coffee, and second of all if they have to face the fact that their beliefs ARE delusions and not a part of God's mysterious, but glorious plan which stars THEM -- if they have to face that truth it will kill them.

So what can they do but go on believing in their Folie a Diuex or whatever you call it.

Lois

Date: April 13, 2020 05:39PM

Date: April 13, 2020 06:21PM

Folie a Deux!!! Yes, that's it.
Lori Vallow fell in love with Chad Daybell before she ever met him. It was his books that did it. When she read his books (which were published by his Very Own Publishing Company -- I forget the name of it just now, she just KNEW he was the one and they were MFEO (meant for each other)).

ANYWAY, she went to some sort of publisher's gathering, and there he was, and there she was, and they just looked at each other and they KNEW that God had big plans for the two of them.

By then Lori had decided that she was a translated being, and God had hand-picked her to lead the 144,000 into the Celestial Kingdom. The part about being a translated being is a Mormon thing which none of the YouTube commentators seem to get. The part about being chosen to lead the 144,000 into the Celestial Kingdom is NOT a Mormon thing. I never heard anyone in Mormondom say much about the 144,000, and anyway, Women do not hold leadership postions in the Mormon Church. It just isn't done.

ANYWAY, both Lori and Chad were goodgood Mormons. They even attended LDS services in Hawaii when they were on the lam. I mean church attendance is very important in Mormondom, even if you are fleeing from the law, and on vacation, and about to get married.

Which brings up another stray thought (I told you I was not particularly organized, but neither are Chad and Lori).

Anyway, here is the thought: Why did Chad's wife, Tammy have to die in order for Chad to marry Lori?

Hadn't they ever heard of polygamy? Of course, they had, they were both Mormons.

Anyway, I don't think they are actually legally married. There wasn't any time for that. They went through a ceremony on the beach, but I don't think they ever got a marriage license, or someone official to marry them. Anyway, Lori INSISTS onbeing called "Mrs. Daybell," which means SHE thinks they are married.

Can a translated being get married? I guess they can. Maybe Chad is translated too. If so, I hope they both got translated to the same language. Good communication is VERY important in a marriage.

Anyway, I think it is VERY tacky to use your dead husband's credit card to pay for the wedding ring you intend to use for your wedding to your NEXT husband, especially if your current husband is dead because you had your brother shoot him.

In the ending months of 2019, there were three VERY rushed weddings: Lori and Chad, Lori's niece, Melani, who married her new husband, Ian, immediately after divorcing her last husband, Brandon. Lori's brother, Alex tried to kill Brandon, but failed.

Then there was Lori's brother Alex, who married a woman from Russia whose name was unusual, but I forget it just now. The guy at the wedding chapel said they did not act like a couple in love. They barely looked at each other and acted like they just wanted to get this over with. The couple were in and ouot of the Las Vegas wedding chapel in eight minutes. They didn't even kiss. You're supposed to kiss. Somehow I think Lori was behind it, so she could get Alex's new wife to kill Alex before he got a change of heart and talked to LE.

Finally, there is Lori herself, who married Chad very suddenly right after the death of Chad's beloved wife, Tammy, whose death, I am sure Lori's brother, Alex had something to do with.

Now that I am writing all these words, it sounds like Lori is the master manipulator behind all these deaths and all these marriages. Chad just seems like an infatuated believer in Lori's inflated notions of herself. You can tell by his auto bio he is obssessed with visions of glory, and NDE's and premonitions and visits with loved ones from beyond the grave, and all the rest of it.

Lori's old friends and family members say that before she got caught up in the end-of-the-world hysteria, she was a perfectly normal woman, a very good mother, with a personality anybody would enjoy being around. THe chief thing everyone remembered about her was that she was very funny. She could make people laugh.

But no one is laughing now.

Posted by: The 144001th Saint ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 07:01PM

I heard that Alex married a nice LDS Mexican-American woman who was well acquainted with Lori and her family.

Melanie and her new husband were with Alex and his fiancée and got married in the same chapel, a little before midnight, following which, after midnight, Alex got married. And he, Alex, insisted that he was taking his wife's surname.

About a week later, Alex was discovered "unresponsive" in a bathroom in his new wife's house, by her adult son, who told 1st responders that Alex was his mom's boyfriend. He was not aware of the marriage.

I think someone framed her. She looks innocent.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 06:04PM

I'll never be normal again either. Being strangled by a church leader messed me up pretty good to this day.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 13, 2020 05:56PM

I read that she thought her children were zombies and so she had to take them out.

Date: April 13, 2020 07:03PM

Yes, her zombie theory DEFINITELY falls outside of Mormondom theology. Mormons are not into zombies or even spirit possession much.

But the more I think about it, the more I think Lori and Chad's behavior qualifies as zombie-esque more than anyone else's.

Here's the theory. There are low-level spirits out there that yearn for a human body.

They find a body, push out the happy, virtuous spirit who has hertofore inhabited the body, which they then take possession of. Good soul is now in spirit limbo, bad soul is in body.

The only remedy for this situation is to kill the zombie-inhabited body, which frees up the good soul in spirit limbo who can now progress to spirit heaven.

So here is the deal: By all accounts Lori and Chad were both once upon a time good people. Good parents, good friends, good members of society who would NEVER do what they most definitely HAVE done -- child murder, spouse murder, you name it.

So it would seem that the good spirits of Lori and Chad have been cast our of their bodies, and the Zombies have taken over their bodies and are causing all kinds of mayhem.

But even zombies are not outside the long arm of the law even if one of the crimes took place in Yellowstone Park.

TAKE THAT YOGI BEAR!!!!

Date: April 13, 2020 09:17PM

my weird nominations:

Brad Pitt as Daybell

the female part is much more difficult!

Charlize Theron, Amber Heard, Elisha Cuthbert, Dakota Fanning, Claire Holt, Naomi Watts, Meg Ryan, Drew Barrymore (attitude!);

Reese Witherspoon is my personal favorite, not sure if she's right for this role.

Your choices?

also cast the judge & jurors, sheriff & deputies, etc.Judd Hirsch is a shoe-in for judge!!
Music will be important, Danny Elfmann is IN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 09:30PM by GNPE.

Date: April 14, 2020 03:41AM

And as always, Cheech Marin plays me!

Damn auto correct

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 03:42AM by elderolddog.

Date: April 14, 2020 07:21AM

My own feeling is that no one could play Lori Vallow but Farrah Fawcett. She's got the same amazing athletic build, and she did a great job in Small Sacrifices.

Unfortunately, she's dead.

Date: April 14, 2020 11:22AM

loislane Wrote:

> Unfortunately, she's dead.

lois, you're tempting me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.