Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 06:47PM

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/04/17/lds-church-issues/

For some reason, this made me giggle. Sure seems like a lot of hand-wringing about nothing.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 07:07PM

gemini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure seems like a lot of hand-wringing about nothing.....

Nothing new to MoMism, I must say...

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 07:37PM

could you imagine priesthood blessings with social distancing? It would be more like a Benny Hinn healing! first say the magic words (and from a distance) wave your hands really hard and the person falls over...

Or I guess it could be done over a television monitor... Somehow that would be way creepy.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 09:40PM

...named "The Reverend Billy Sol Harkess," if I recall. Part of his spiel was "pray for our little brother Billy, who put his hook on the radio, that he may be made whole, but shorted out every circuit in the house..."

Shocking!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 06:33AM

Something new to me, women can now serve as a witness to baptisms.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 11:34AM

clearly MoLeadership is in crisis mode.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 01:49PM

I suspect they have been wondering how morph in equality for women for a long time. This might be the opportunity they can use for an excuse.

I predict that when (if) things get back to normal, they might quietly leave the broadened roles for women in place.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 11:15AM

The comments are hilarious!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:22PM

I noted that the article mentioned under baptisms “2 male or females witnesses.” In my day, the witness had to be males. Wow, the church is really modernizing. I Witnessed a Boner.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:34PM

Dear members, as we have done everything in our power to reduce you a state of quivering dependency, we must assume that we have succeeded. Therefore, when our ridiculous rituals are exposed for the frauds they are due to mitigating circumstances, and suspended by humans despite our claims to being god-backed, we feel compelled to issue you some comforting placebos wisdom. You may continue to send us money, as before. In place of the Sunday propaganda sessions at your local chapel franchise, we suggest that you double up on reading the Book of Mormon. We always suggest this, but now we suggest it with extra concern, as we don't want any drifting from member stooges. Stay the course, dupes, and ignore the obvious goddam message that the universe is trying to send you, which is that we don't matter.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 07:51PM

No Molesting Kids during social distancing!
But come May 15th, it's back to the old, protect the pedophiles and blame the victim status quo!

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 07:59PM

Loved this part:

"Blessing the sick • One adult priesthood holder can perform this task by a physical laying on of hands, though it typically is done by two. If conditions prevent placing hands on a person’s head, "a prayer can be offered, including using technology,” the release said. “This is a prayer of faith and not a priesthood blessing.”

What's the difference? If priesthood blessings only work by faith and faith is required for God to answer prayers, otherwise he just lets you suffer until your immune system kicks in, or you die?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:15PM

Too bad women don't have faith.

Oh, well, let's just skype us a healing.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:33PM

The "Mormon church" can do nothing!!
It is an inanimate object. It cannot think-speak-buy nor sell
HOWEVER the people who have gained power within the organization can make and enforce Whatever rules the membership will bow down to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 08:40PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 10:45PM

According to their press release, my Mom can have weekly sacrament in her home IF a relative has the ph and does not have the COVID-19 virus.

If none are available than she [members with no priesthood in the home] can PRAY and FAST for the day for the day to return when "normal" church operations will return.

As the apostate son, I have offered to read the church sacrament prayer over the phone, but she actually laughed and declined the offer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.