Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 04:46PM

This week in MORmON Land:

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/04/16/this-week-mormon-land/?fbclid=IwAR0qLLHJV8gPngrV5i_Wmg1IvXDPKXia6i7sz590vkUWHq9ZQE25rPeuBmM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 04:46PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:21PM

I KNOW WHY

WHY?= BECAUSE
Beside that somebody put gooey mud in front of the rolling stone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 08:05PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:45PM

The internet happened.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:49PM

I stopped making babies...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 05:59PM

Since members attribute the most banal occurrences to the human experiences to their dumb profit (ex. It rained today. Thank you Prez Nelson!).

Shouldn't the top dogs also get their due dessert when the the shit hits the fan?

It's not like the members go around pulling stats out of the sky, but so-called inspired leaders who make dubious claims. I'm too lazy to look it up, but blowhard Nelson made all kinds of claims and predictions when speaking to YBU students in 1989.

So I say, let's blame it all on the inept leaders. They've earned it.

Date: April 16, 2020 09:20PM

The places that have internet already found out the CULT of Joseph's Myth was really just a money laundering front disguised as a respectable Church, which demanded 10% of people's income, even if you had to eat mud to stay alive sometimes, when all along they had $100 Billion in a stock portfolio they planed on cashing out when Great White Jesus showed up and turned all the Mormons white again.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 12:36AM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> ...the CULT of Joseph's Myth was really just a money
> laundering front disguised as a respectable
> Church,...

A similar joke is that Harvard is a hedge fund masquerading as a university. Of course, auguste Haaahvaaahd is a piker compared to TCoJCoLd$ with a measly $38B in its endowment (probably much less now).

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 11:27PM

The church predicted growth by 2020 to reach between 35 million and 121 million members. What would happen if you filled out a loan application and listed your income as between 35 thousand dollars per year and 121 thousand dollars per year when you only made sixteen thousand dollars the previous year? The church is getting so ritch now that they scarcely even need members anymore. Members are more of a liability. The church's money itself grows faster than the membership does.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 16, 2020 11:33PM

See, Steve, that's the difference... You and I would be more than satisfied.

But those mo/fo's at the top of the mormon food chain are made of sterner stuff.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 12:24AM

I think Al Gore inventing the interwebs had something to do with it.

Date: April 17, 2020 12:38PM

Same reason none of the "Prophecies" of Joseph's Myth have come true, ESPECIALLY his "Prophecies" that his Doomsday CULT would roll across the globe like a rock cut forth from the mountain, until it filled the whole Earth.
Turned out to be total bullshit, despite 150 years of the world's biggest army of CULT brain washers wasting their time going out to give it their best sales pitch, only to result in 0.2% of the world's population buying that pure unadulterated bullshit.

Pro Tip: the truth does not require the world's biggest army of salesmen to pitch it in order to become accepted as truth. It establishes itself as the old dusty myths get debunked. Joseph's Myth was debunked a long time ago, when the DNA evidence came out that Native Americans had zero percent Semitic DNA in them, contrary to every historical claim ever made by a so-called "Latter-Day PRophet", who are now proven liars liairs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2020 12:39PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 12:59PM

Read the full article...... Not to belabor this, but I believe the predictions given back then for 2020 were from like 21 million to as high as 131 million. I think it was only one or two that predicted the totally ridiculous number of 100 million or more. But even the rest of the predictors were off by a lot.

And I saw another post that the reason is the Internet. Likely true. Plus the fact that they have exhausted their pool of potential customers in the First and Second World countries. It will just shrink down to some small but sustainable figure and stagnate there. OR the guys at the top will find ways to distribute the assets to themselves and their chosen few and it will go away.

Date: April 18, 2020 08:01PM

It doesn't matter what the 'predictions' were back then, who cares if it was the most important Mormon on the planet, they're still totally biased, so the 'predictions' were totally meaningless and obviously over inflated. It's a way for unimportant people to make themselves seem more important than they are. Big fish in a tiny pond.
Nobody is surprised that the Morg is bleeding members faster than they're gaining them through conversion, thanks to the internet and Google and a hell of a lot of really great books on Momron history that were not really available back prior to 20 years ago, the start of the Google Age/21stCentury.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 08:03PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 17, 2020 01:05PM

Oh say what is truth is the fairest gem
caught up with them

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 20, 2020 12:25PM

The Mormon church is like Amway when it comes to growth potential. I am not saying that Amway is a bad company. Back in the 1960's few people knew what either one was. The newness and novelty spiked interest in in those who heard it presented in just the right way back then. Now move forward in time for sixty years. Everyone has heard about both. There is nothing novel about Mormonism. Most people have heard its marketing plan before, so much that the church doesn't even call it the plan of salvation anymore. Then there is the name of the church. Whereas Amway distributors are often trained to not use their company name anymore (saying "... it's a lot of different companies"), Mormonism now does the same now, and for the same reasons. The field is not ripe and ready for harvest. It has already been harvested. Most of us would rather be labeled as tares than to be a Mormon. The potential is gone. While Mormon church leaders sit on their hundreds of billions of dollars, only fools and the desperate remain believers in the religion. Everyone knows about it and what it is all about. Few are really interested. They will never hit the hundred million member mark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 12:26PM by azsteve.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.