Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 06:28PM

The leader of my church prophesied over a year ago that the time would come that we could not meet together. He reduced our Sunday schedule and sent out a curriculum to do at home. One resource I’ve been enjoying is weekly lessons on YouTube at the channel “Don’t Miss This.” This week they recommended a TV series that is free for a limited time called “The Chosen” about the life of Christ. It was filmed in Dallas and Fort Worth by Dallas Jenkins. I haven’t watched it yet, but I will take their recommendation. Another recommendation was to check out quotes from each talk during our annual conference. Here’s the link. Enjoy!
With so many inspiring stories, profound insights, and spiritual promptings during conference weekend, it can be difficult to remember all we have learned and felt. Here is one powerful quote from each talk given during the April 2020 general conference to help you remember the inspired words from o...

https://www.ldsliving.com/A-Powerful-Quote-from-Each-April-2020-General-Conference-Talk/s/92655?fbclid=IwAR3rp4I7Yj0Xye0q-Pq1EjFd0iEp6OZwHm1BPKbj7CB_2Hfp49nq2MRuSTA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 06:32PM

LDSliving(dot)com is the gift that keeps on throwing up in the middle of the family room.

Date: April 18, 2020 06:41PM

Really cousin? No I am not going to reply to her on facebook but why isn't the prophet more proactive? Why not tell members over a year ago to buy N95 mask so when the hospitals ran out member could bring them the needed supplied. Why didn't the church than stop missionaries from going on missions and stop the travel in advance? Or why was there no Relief Society activity about sowing masks? Or buying toilette paper? If the prophet knew what was coming why weren't the missionaries more prepared? Why didn't they have classes on social distancing? Or encouraged their members to homeschool and work from home?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 07:00PM

"With so many inspiring stories, profound insights, and spiritual promptings during conference weekend, it can be difficult to remember all we have learned and felt."

Almost everything wrong with the Mormon mind is in this statement. I'll start with "spiritual promptings." What is a spiritual prompting? I might ask a Mormon. Please name one. Think I'll ever get an example? Why is there no example of a profound insight or inspiring story, either? I recommend asking a Mormon you know these questions.

If a thing be essential to your survival as an eternal being, why does it not exist in any way that can be defined or objectified?

The other thing on display is that breathless sense of wonder at the mundane Mormons have. Conference was "awesome!" Old duffers stood and rambled.

Finally, I would like to point out that the entire statement is a fine example of gaslighting. The gaslit reality here being one in which fabulous doings are occurring, and my failure to see them indicates spiritual blindness on my part. This is where I can kick a bitch in the balls. Because he's going to tell me that I lack a special insight that he possesses. But I already know that he'll appreciate the acuteness of my vision if I simply agree with the words he says.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:17PM

Ask them if they can introduce you to a real live LAMANITE.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:21PM

I have a fakebook friend who said how great conference would be and that we could all expect answers from the profit for why there is this coronavirus disaster... Conference was suppose to be so enlightening!

He never responded back to facebook to explain why we're having this government shut down. Oh well.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:29PM

Your cousin is a TRUE BELIEVER and therefore will slant everything toward pure and holy. I do not fault him for that. He is free to choose to believe whatever he chooses "SO LONG AS" he does not attempt to forcibly interfere with your right to do the same.

Date: April 18, 2020 10:28PM

Beehive Clothing facilities in Brazil, Mexico, Paraguay, the Philippines and Utah, for example, are shifting their operations from manufacturing religious clothing to sewing masks (at all locations) and gowns (in Utah only) for medical workers.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/04/16/this-week-mormon-land/?fbclid=IwAR0qLLHJV8gPngrV5i_Wmg1IvXDPKXia6i7sz590vkUWHq9ZQE25rPeuBmM

Yes, my cousin is a TBM. She wanted to go on a mission when she was 21 years old instead she married a non member. I had no idea because she did not get married in the temple and she is not wearing garments that her believe is so strong. Her husband is not interested in Mormonism. Now she is this big facebook Missionary! But honestly she is very nice I am just very surprised by her post.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:21PM

Why did your cousin, a TBM, choose to marry a non-Mormon who wasn't going to join the church. I have to assume (from some of the church policies I've read in the past both here and elsewhere) that many of her TBM friends, and possibly even her bishop, look down on her for what she did. The only reason I can think of for her entering in to such a marriage was because of an unplanned pregnancy.

Date: April 26, 2020 11:29PM

My cousin was 20 years old and fell head over heals for a really good man. He proposed and they got married. They had a child 8 years later. No she was not pregnant when they got married. She grew up in an area with not many lds men. Family was surprised that she married a non member outside the temple but in that area it was common (she doesn't live in Provo Utah).

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 19, 2020 12:46AM

Yeahhhhhh... Because they ALL saw it coming, and rather than warning people, they "prepared" people by shortening church. Yeah. Must be true.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 19, 2020 10:31AM

One of the dumbest things ever said by a human being was in general conference a few years ago. "Doubt your Doubts". And yet that has become something of a Mormon Mantra.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:04PM

I don’t know if I could have kept quiet on that post. Barf.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 06:55PM

"This week they recommended a TV series that is free for a limited time called “The Chosen” about the life of Christ."

So...for a LIMITED time, you can learn about the (mormon-ized) Jesus...before you have to PAY to learn about the REST of Him??

Did NO ONE pay attention to the biblical lesson about Jesus and the money-changers at the temple???

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 07:42PM

IN ~ 4 links to pics of cousin ~

ETA: ~ wait ~

wut ? ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2020 07:44PM by ziller.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.