Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Valued ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 09:36PM

You would think a religious person would read this worldwide C-19 crises as one big message from above to love one another. We will never get back to normal, and a full economy, until we realize we are all in this together. Each person has to take the cheesy, full love thy neighbor approach, of not spreading the disease. We know the people who are doing this. WE CAN SEE IT CLEARLY ON THEIR FACE.

If you can see someone’s face, in public, those are the selfish, the self absorbed, with the don’t tread on ME ME ME attitude; that don’t care if their actions even lead to someone’e death. Some use the excuse, that the vulnerable and the old were going to die anyways. Or, as the massive death tolls go up, in every part of the world, that it is all fake.  

LOVE IS A MASK! Those wearing it are determined to not give this horrible virus to someone else. They do everything to kill the germ by keeping clean. They keep the distance but keep their hearts close. They want to do their part. Every life is important to them. They have that WE care for others attitude, of starving this nasty plague and ending the vicious cycle.  

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 09:59PM

It can be difficult, and in the back of my mind I keep wondering if I am overreacting. I stay at home most of the time and when I do leave I wear face covering. I try hard to stay in touch. I call and text family, friends, and even people I knew from my days in the mormon mob.

It may be easier for me because I still have a job that lets me work from home. They cut our pay, but I can still pay the bills. I wonder if I would be less accomodating if I was broke?

I want everyone to be ok but my experience with mormonism has left me seriously cynical.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 11:51PM

"Release the murder hornets!" tweeted a columnist from the Boston Globe.
The director of security for (irony alert!) Target stores in New Hampshire said there should be snipers to take them out.

Love, love, love. Who loves ya, baby?

Date: May 10, 2020 03:59AM

I want people to go back to work. However, it is clear that it is a false choice to chose between the economy and health. We learned from a classic movie that we cannot open the beach to make money from tourist, until Jaws is gone. The meat packing plants have become become C-19 hot spots because they did not take the necessary precautions. Churches will turn out to be the same if people go back without PPEs and social distancing.

I keep seeing so many being rebellious and not wearing masks. What is the point? I thought they wanted to go to work. It is their lack of care for their fellow man that will prolong a bad economy.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 10, 2020 11:03AM

Clearly the message from above is revenge because of gays. Wait. Maybe that was just floods and tornadoes.

;-/

The message for me is how our scientific illiteracy as a culture is coming home to roost.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 10, 2020 11:09AM

they have been having their temp checked and wearing masks and nobody has gotten ill. Again, we are in an area of Utah that has had 0 deaths. About 50 cases so far. I haven't checked today. My husband works and they check his temp when he goes inside (he has an office outside the hospital and works outside as he is over grounds) and they have to wear masks. My son wears a mask as his job as a manager at a restaurant. Nobody ill at any place they work. I've worked at home for years, so social distancing isn't an issue for me.

I do wear a mask.

I don't know what the answers are, but I do k now that it depends on where you live whether the impiact of this virus is going to be big or not. Most of the states in the west haven't had that many deaths. I am in the group who could get the virus and die. I also see that we can't expect people to starve to death or live on the streets.

Do I think this is a message from above? No. If it were, then only the sinners would be dying and I'm not talking gays dying. I don't know that I believe in a god. I don't for a moment believe god has sent this to us to learn to love our neighbor "again." Most people I believe are good and do love their neighbor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2020 11:12AM by cl2.

Date: May 10, 2020 01:14PM

I really like this post because there are real efforts made here to not spread the virus. This is what needs to be done as we return to work environments.

The problems is that you have those out there that do not want to make any effort. Where I would not go to business that does not show the courtesy of their employees wearing a mask, I have heard others who would, in revolt, not go if the employees were wearing masks.

Those two worlds cannot work together. And the pandemic goes on and on.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 10, 2020 12:56PM

I'm curious as to whether this was also what went on in the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic, the polio epidemic or even the ebola outbreak. I only remember the polio outbreak as I was a young child. My parents were freaked out and would barely let me go outside, and drinking out of the hose was a big no-no.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.