Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 12:54AM

it portrays how demeaning the totalitarian 3rd Reich was to dissenters...

Although this may be a bit strained, buy I can't help associate the analogies to the way ChurchCo demands complete conformity - compliance to even the smallest, most trivial matters 'issues'.

This could be the worst aspect of Mormonism > goes to the separation of many, many families where love & loving should be First but ChurchCo has substituted 'obedience' for love, honesty-kindness, respect for others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 01:05AM

That looks like a good series, and I know it has gotten good reviews. I just couldn't watch it during the pandemic.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 01:24AM

I've been watching a lot of apocalyptic movies in the last few weeks. Probably not the best idea but i did learn more from movies than i ever learned in religion.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 01:07PM

On Demand to watch it? It isn't on netflix I'm assuming??? I need a new series to watch and that sounds like something I would like. I need to get my laptop working on my TV so I can watch some of these things. I hate that CBS and NBC now charge for streaming. I miss a lot of dateline, etc.

I would never dare compare mormonism to nazism, BUT mormonism is extremely demeaning, especially to introverts or people who just don't fit into their idea of what you should be like. I feel better about myself at 62 and overweight than I did as a young mormon girl because of how I was treated.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 03:27PM

You might be able to stream it on the PBS video app:

https://www.pbs.org/pbs-video-app/

And
https://www.pbs.org/show/world-fire/

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 03:11PM

I've been watching that as well, and it's really good. Another series I recently enjoyed was the HBO miniseries "The Plot Against America" which was a Philip Roth novel about what might have happened if FDR lost the 1940 election to Charles Lindberg.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 03:24PM

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 03:43PM

This a great show, well acted, showing so many sides to the war. It paints the real picture. Highly suggest watching. The seasons ends next Sunday.

Have binged on all of Ozark and am partway through Queen of the South. All the Bosch stories are good on Prime. And any of the Harlan Coben stories made into about 10 episodes each.
Without sports, I am grateful for the abundance of things to watch on Netflix and Prime and PBS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.