Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Perdition ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 10:30AM

According to the Joseph Smith Foundation, some of the Nephites...wait for it... migrated to Europe and maybe Burma too. An ancient Icelandic text apparently '...records a royal family in Northern Europe descending from a prince by the name of Nefi or Nephi...':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-GPBhYwtc&feature=emb_logo

I used to think of myself as English but now do I need to redefine myself as a Nephite?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 10:43AM

Haha. I was with them right up until I saw the open ships with ores. That is not God's M.O! I want to see ships tight like unto a dish with glowing stones and a hole with a cork in the bottom or I ain't buying it.

OMG The lengths the desperate will go to. No words. Even showing buddhist monks as possibly part of the "now worldwide Nephite population." HAHA.

Preaching to the choir is so easy isn't it. I'm tempted to make sure my mother sees this. Might as well aid and abet at this point, no?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 12:11PM

They just want to take credit for everything, don't they?

Sorry, I won't be spending 20 bucks to get this, but one person (who will obviously be sent to outer darkness) left this 2-star review among all the 5-star reviews which amused me: "The name cannanephate actually meant "leek masters" as the sandy soil of their homeland was great for growing leeks. The girl who narrates is pretty, but you can see that crazy-cult glisten in her eyes. Anyway, interesting mormon fairy tale."

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 01:34PM

The woman narrating also has polygamist style braids tight-woven across the sides of the head.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 01:50PM

Episode Two: Elon Musk discovers Mormons on Mars, having rejected the moon because it was already full of Quakers.

Date: May 12, 2020 02:17PM

Episode Three: The Three Nephites and the (resurrected)Brother Zelph revealed to be Buddhist monks.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 02:29PM

With shaved heads they would be The Three Anti-Nephi-Lehites.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 03:39PM

Episode Four: Voyager 1 encounters planet orbiting Kolob, populated by white man-god and his delightsome wives.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 02:26PM

I'm sure old dog would definitely say you are a nephite. Even with a mohawk i could not become a lamanite although i do think the lamanite tribe would be my tribe.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 02:35PM

Oh brother. Are they trying to gradually work up to explaining why the Nephites came from Asia?

Edit: Or rather, the Lamanites, as they would call Native Americans?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 02:37PM by Greyfort.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 02:44PM

I can see it now. Lehi, (Last hame Hong) though an Israelite politically and geographically, was an immigrant from Asia of Asian Heritage who was head hunted by Laban for his special ability to reform languages, and brought to Jerusalem, which Jerusalem had a great need for because . . . well, uh, gotta leave one piece of the puzzle for Rusty's gang to figure out.

Funny how God left the Asian bit out. What a jokester.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 03:14PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny how God left the Asian bit out.

He got all his cursing out with Cain and Laman. No curses left for Asia.

Date: May 12, 2020 05:06PM

It sounds like a Marvelous Work and a Wonder in the making.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: May 12, 2020 02:53PM

This goes along with the old British Israelism. Since the Bible says the Lost Tribes headed North, some people decided that meant they went to what would become England, thus making those believers feel even more special, superior and chosen than everyone else in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 13, 2020 10:09AM

No, you're fine.

It's a 'knee-fight'!

The lame-man-knights were short.

Posted by: Sungoddess ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 02:48PM

I realize this is off the subject, but I thought it would go good with the title. I just wanted some perspectives on this. Our Mormon neighbor, a grown man, knows how to drive yet doesn't know how to change his cat's litter box. He has asked my husband to change the litter box a few times too. I get the impression he plays stupid to spy for the Mormons, and I recently got a confirmation on that when our neighbor's Mormon friend called us and pretty much said he was spying on us. We have stayed away from our neighbor ever since. The Mormon spy also twisted the stuff we supposedly did, lied to make us look bad.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 02:59PM

Please tell us your husband said no.

Posted by: Sungoddess ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 06:31PM

Sadly my husband helped him a few times because sometimes we had to have our neighbor give us rides since we don't have a vehicle. We paid him for rides plus stupidly helped with his cat's litter box. We cut him off and either walk or take the bus. I also forgot to mention our neighbor told his friend a lot of lies about us too. Mormons obviously teach lies instead of honesty.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 10:32AM

As a Nordic/Anglo/Saxon by ancestry (like most everyone on this board), now I REALLY have a taste of how Native Americans must feel to have their history hijacked by the Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.