Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 06:35PM

I can do in my process of recovery from what I percieve to be damages recieved at the hand of Mormonism.
Continually hammering at something viz: an epidemic over which I have no control does not seem to be aiding my recovery at all. It only is adding traumatic stress of which I have no need.
Now if continual exposure to hyped up news releases will help me will somebody please tell me how?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 07:10PM

Which news releases are hyped up ?
Sounds like you are the one who is hyped up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 07:12PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 07:10PM

"Hyped up news releases?"

I bet you said that when the US lost 110,000 people in World War One, too.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 07:32PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can do in my process of recovery from what I
> percieve to be damages recieved at the hand of
> Mormonism.
> Continually hammering at something viz: an
> epidemic over which I have no control

That's where you're wrong. You do have control. You control whether or not you get it, by following directives or ignoring them.

> does not
> seem to be aiding my recovery at all. It only is
> adding traumatic stress of which I have no need.
> Now if continual exposure to hyped up news
> releases will help me will somebody please tell me
> how?

Personally I think it's important to hear the input from your peers. ExMos are my peers. Nobody quite gets what its like to be an ExMo in a pandemic, like ExMos in a pandemic.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 07:32PM

Ya. What do you like to do besides watch the news?

Listen to music, watch movies, read? Go through an old closet and look at things you’ve held on to over the years. Call some old friends and reminisce about good times. Work out at home. Meditate. Write letters to friends & family. Drink coffee.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 09:57PM

Was religion traumatic for you? It has that effect on 4% the population. It’s probably higher for Mormonism. How many products or services remain legal that seriously harm 4% of their users? Well okay, smoking. TSCC is lucky to have such a big war chest because it’s a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

You have control over your nutrition and physical and mental health. As long as you’re not a run-down couch potato, you’ll pull through a lot better if or when you do get it. Obsession over Covid is nature’s way of telling you your mind needs something to keep it busy.

Posted by: Adam the empath ( )
Date: May 27, 2020 11:36PM

Not watching television has helped me to an extent. It would affect me too much in negative ways so i stopped watching like 3 years ago. I think my guided meditation that has been helping reprogram my subconcious from negative childhood brainwashing has been aiding me. Acupuncture weekly has played a role as well with me and weekly counseling. Constant self-care helps. Putting yourself first on a consistent basis. I hate to admit that mediums have been helping me and to help me correct my bad habits. Mainly thinking habits. A medium made me realize that if i talked to people the same way i talked to myself constantly i would either get slapped or punched in the face. My cruelty towards myself was unwarranted but was a major factor. Sometimes just doing nothing in particular except existing helps. Sometimes taking a break from all technology can be healing and freeing.

I will say this though and a friend agrees with me that me not running away too far from my main fears like my father and the operation and their authority figures and not backing down from the intimidation of them surrounding me in this town has been making me stronger. Normally i would just run away at least till i was 400 miles away but to what end. Even at 400 miles away i'd still be running away in my mind. If i can just see these individuals for what they really are being very weak creatures that can not harm me then i have won. I think i am winning but not had the complete victory that i am aiming for.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.