Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 03:08PM

Apparently my wife's bishop has been asking about me. I think this is more than just saying, "So how's the DH doing?" He not only asked her, but he also asked her mom who he happens know.

I expect weirdness in my future.

Is this just paranoia?

Why doesn't he just ask me??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 03:30PM

passive-aggressive explains LOTS of Mo 'communications'...

just sayin'

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 04:08PM

By asking the wife it also puts subtle pressure on her to get you inline.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 04:33PM

It is very possible that if you are still married and a third party is invading your privacy you could get a restraining order against him and put a stop to it.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 04:54PM

“Why doesn't he just ask me??”

To Mormons, apostates are more invisible than blacks.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 07:25PM

I'm fairly certain there is a great demand for priesthood to take leadership positions. If you aren't spouting anti-Mormon speech they want you back. Worthy priesthood are at quite the premium. If they ask you directly they risk offending and pushing you farther away.

I'd take odds on the bishop being pressured from above to bring you back to the fold. Top down management in action.

Ask the wife and family before risking stepping on your toes.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: June 08, 2020 02:26PM

"If you aren't spouting anti-Mormon speech they want you back."

I guess I should be more vocal....

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: June 09, 2020 02:39PM

Exactly my thought as well. They are desperate for "priesthood", and if one's spouse is TBM, the wayward partner is considered the low-hanging fruit for reactivation.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 06, 2020 08:36PM

Low Priest, next time you see the bishop ask him if his cajones had to be amputated because of the corona virus. This is the type of stuff that used to subconsciously disgust me about the mormon church. No one can communicate like adults there.

A normal person would find a more direct approach than being such a beta male afraid to talk to you and thereby acknowledge you as an actual person and therefore they manipulate your friends and family into getting you there. I mean if they really cared enough about your welfare they could reach out to you directly instead of treating you like an object to be controlled. Another form of this is calling you and having you meet them for some undisclosed reason of a meeting. I call it what it is - controlling and demeaning behavior.

But alas his concern is not genuine so hence the mormon mealy mouthed messages being sent to you.

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: June 08, 2020 08:50PM

They called my wife in to talk about me. I warned her I was the likely topic and that it was wrong to talk about third parties behind their back this way. Turned into a very short interview apparently.

Date: June 08, 2020 08:55PM

As a TBM, I often wondered how short ward council would be if no one gossiped on another person under the banner of "helping them"

Now I know. Thanks dogbloggernli.

Posted by: ThirdofFive notloggedin ( )
Date: June 09, 2020 01:57PM

Mormons must be really, really bored.
So many things they’re not allowed to do, and so many church meetings are basically either spying on someone or gossiping about them.
Woe into them who call good evil, and evil good: They’re good at predicting their own behaviour at least, even if clueless about it.
Nasty passive-aggressiveness turns my stomach. You could always become outspoken against the church I suppose. They’d soon stop asking and there’d be no more passive aggressive stuff. Take your pick?

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: June 09, 2020 03:11PM

Aw let him ask. It must mean he is having trouble interfering in other people’s lives with the corona limiting attendance.

It would be interesting if he uncovers some truths in his quest.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 09, 2020 03:27PM

That's why they don't ask you.

You could phone the bish and tell him to ask you and not listen to third hand tales about you. Tell him honesty is the best policy and that gossip is not. I'm serious. Consider making that call. You can say all of that in a kind agreeable voice and ask him if he agrees that Jesus would do the same.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: June 09, 2020 08:55PM

Lowpriest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why doesn't he just ask me??

He's MORMON.

He doesn't really want to know, except through others. They are afraid of getting their fingernails dirty and figure by asking someone else, they won't have to.

They play dirty!

Date: June 09, 2020 09:29PM

All this proves is the spirit of discernment these bishops claim they have is nada.

It means they have to use spies, gossiping and manipulating instead of actually communicating with God.

Think about this next time your mechanic (or any profession) bishop wants to help you in your financial or personal lives.
Also this is the product your wife is paying a premium for: a top notch revelation-run organization but all she is getting is a brochure and am independently locally contracted idiot.

Posted by: anonyXmo ( )
Date: June 10, 2020 09:57AM

Contact him directly and ask him why he's been checking up on you and ask what he wants from you, if anything.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 12, 2020 05:34PM

You should just ask him to explain it to you, that is

passive aggressive of him to ask other people about you

instead of directly asking you.

Date: June 14, 2020 02:32AM

Call him and tell him you will come clean on the masturbation charge cuz you think you are bi-curious and really need his help.

I doubt you will ever have this problem/hear from him again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.