Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 14, 2020 11:24AM

The Brutality Of Truth
Truth is brutal. It is non-compromising to circumstance. It is also perceptional. Those who seek to speak the truth at all times will discover that there circle of “so called” friends will be quite small. However the circle of people who respect them will be large.
People are generally taught that the “little white lie” is acceptable if it saves embarrassment or hurt feelings. But is it worth surrendering personal integrity to tell one?
So if I always tell the truth as I see it I will then be prepared for the behavioral consequences of my actions

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 14, 2020 07:09PM

the truth will set you free (except of course when it offends your enemies).

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 17, 2020 02:34PM

The brutality of "truth" is that is sets one free from the reality of being. I've known Mormons who live by that "truth" to the spirit and letter of its dictates and laws. They individuals I know are honest to a fault. They try to the best of their abilities to follow their prophets.

When I see their truth I'm a little envious because it isn't something I could ever see as true.

For those for whom their truth prevails it inevitably runs afoul of another's truth.

The problem with truth is it sets you free from other people's truth. The Mormons I just mentioned have problems with other people's truth and it causes both parties much pain. This is because Mormon truth is brutal and it aligns itself with many other likeminded truths that cause pain in the name of truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.