Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: June 21, 2020 05:41PM

Wowzer. Let this be a cautionary tale. Get away and STAY away from sociopathic family and friends. When you start to feel like you need to leave clues for Keith Morrison, you might very well end up the subject of a Dateline episode. How many have there been just about people who were Mormons? I can think of two off the top of my head that took place in Utah Valley.

In fact, I have a friend who is a detective who actually WAS on Dateline in an episode about a local case he had worked on. I asked him to come out and speak at a women's retreat several years ago on personal safety. He not only gave good advice about immediate physical safety, but talked about his investigative work and said things like if you're uncomfortable about things that are happening around you but don't feel like it's something you can go to police about, or have evidence of, at least talk about it with your friends. He said it's not always a joke to say "if something happens to me, tell the police to look at such and such or so and so" because he had seen that help in investigations. He also said to keep copies of emails, messages, make notes, take screen shots, take pictures, etc. Don't blow off threats even if they're from people you know.

If you've never had something happen that gave you that "I hope they use a good picture of me on Dateline" feeling, you're lucky. But as I said, let the Daybell/Vallow thing be a cautionary tale and be aware.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 19, 2020 10:06PM

Well those documents get us a lot closer to murder charges and convictions.

Incredible.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 10:16AM

While Chad was burning Tylee's dismembered remains, he texted his wife, Tammy, in Utah that he was "burning tree limbs."

His choice of the word"limb" is telling.

Now, I am wondering if the FBI put out rumours that the children's bodies were somewhere in Yellowstone, in order to keep amateur sleauths from digging up Chad's yard, which I am sure they would have done if they thought the bodies could possibly be there.

I have been following this case on youtube and the number of outraged commenters is staggering. This case has touched a nerve.

I have become far more emotionally engaged in this case than I would like to be, but there are people out there far more emotionally involved than I am.

The safest place for Lori and Chad is behind bars. I don't think they would last long if they were turned loose.

Does a person ever come back from the insanity that has taken over the minds of those two?

I tend to think not.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 10:37AM

They all sound like murderous whack-a-doodles, the whole lot of them. I'm starting to think that this sounds a lot like "Under the Banner of Heaven". I wonder if Jon Krakauer has any interest in this story?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 01:08PM

I hope Mormonism is featured prominently when the movie comes out.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 20, 2020 05:04PM

The movie adaptation of the West Virginia lawsuit against the church would do more cult blood-letting than this story, but I'm still up in the air as to from whose point of view it should be filmed:

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/04/02/mormon-church-reaches-settlement-in-suit-alleging-it-ignored-west-virginia-abuse/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.