Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 02:06PM

Melanie Gibb interviewed on Dateline.
Another "prepper".

Her 7 page letter to AVOW:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/read-melanie-gibbs-7-page-letter/

As Christopher Hitchens said: "Religion poisons everything".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 02:08PM by Twinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 02:35PM

That puts the LDS church and the doctrine and covenants right in the middle of it all.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 03:20PM

you're referring to Stan, right?

Stan issued a memo recently disavowing use of his former name.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 03:46PM

It depends. Were all those people standing in the way of Lori getting some brass plates?

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 05:42PM

Melanie Gibb was deceived more by her own stupidity than by anything else. She spoke of the nonsense spouted by Chad and Lori about zombies and other matters as though it were something for which any reasonable person might fall.

I don't care how close a friend anyone is or how "spiritual" the person has seemed to me; once he or she starts speaking of zombies as though they're a reality, that's when we begin to have a parting of the minds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 08:58PM by scmd1.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 06:05PM

I'm starting to feel really sorry for the juries that will need to listen to this pile of nonsense. Normally I try to be tolerant of religion, but I've never seen a group of people who so badly need to have their bibles taken away from them, and given a book of scientific facts instead.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 06:15PM

Unless they go for a 'diminished mental capacity' (whatever they call it in Idaho), I don't think their religious beliefs will come into play.

Jurors will Eye Roll that defense!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 23, 2020 08:43PM

I find it interesting she believes in "multiple probations" or reincarnation. For all her scripture quoting she forgot that according to the book if mormon, we only get one earthly life.

How many times do these occult leaders stand up and say they are the reincarnation of this prophet or god or such and people fall for it?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: June 24, 2020 08:33AM

She is just as batshit crazy as Lori and Charles. She hung out for most of this craziness AND stuck around until the kids went missing.

Melanie knew ahead of time that Lori wanted her husband dead and that Charles wanted his wife dead.

Melanie is no angel or innocent bystander.

What gets me is Charles's wife "dies of natural causes" at 49- No autopsy.

Lori's husband is "shot in self-defense"- No real investigation. This coming AFTER he had called the cops on Lori because he was threatened, as seen in police bodycam footage.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 24, 2020 12:29PM

It isn't a real surprise to me that these two probably thought they could get away with murder and continued to think that.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 24, 2020 12:56PM

Read 3 Nephi. It’s not murder if God does it.

“How I longed to gather you and protect you, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings. But no, you had to piss me off and make me destroy everything.”

Posted by: britintexas ( )
Date: June 24, 2020 01:44PM

Wonder if her bishop and stake president have talked with her yet. She clearly believe all that crap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.