Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 12:18AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 04:34AM

Never, not one in 16 years.

I have, however, apologised to them. In one case a TBM "friend" emailed me trying to get me back. In my reply I APOLOGISED to him for excommunicating him and the 5+ years it took him to be re-baptised, and the years after to get a restoration of his temple blessings.

I said that what happened should have remained private with no need to involve 15 men and the countless others that got to know about it. I sincerely apologised to him.

He has never contacted me again. Never had anyone apologise to me.

Sorry I misread your post. I took it had a TBM friend ever apologised, not now exmo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2020 04:35AM by Tom Phillips.

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 08:57AM

No, but sometimes I want to track down all the people I baptized on my mission and apologize to them! I did actually apologize once to someone who turned it down when I sent the missionaries (years later).
What do you think, people, is that a good idea or just an unnecessary can of worms?

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 10:08AM

+alyssum:
"No, but sometimes I want to track down all the people I baptized on my mission and apologize to them! I did actually apologize once to someone who turned it down when I sent the missionaries (years later).
What do you think, people, is that a good idea or just an unnecessary can of worms?"

==I think it is a good idea to track down those people and apologize, explain to them in clear language your reasons for leaving, the problems with mormon theology, the story of Jo Smith.

Stop being a lazy bum. Take action!

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 09:07AM

No. LOL

I'm sure they think they're right.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 10:02AM

No. Like Alyssum above I've apologized to folks that were in the mission I went to. I was at a convention in San Francisco and found myself in a conversation in french. He asked how I spoke the language and I mentioned that I lived in his country for a few years. He asked doing what, I hesitted and said I was a mormon missionary. He made a comment about all the door knocking and the irritation the JW's and Mormons caused. I said that was me back in the 90's, and offered my sincerest apologies for harassing his culture and apologized for all those that will harass in the future. They know not what they do.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 10:39AM

Yes!

Two of my TBM nephews contacted me (separately) and apologized to me for how they had treated me after I had left the church. Each one has since also left.

Posted by: notmonotloggein ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 10:14PM

a Mormon chapel.

I was a nevermo and he an RM. We married in NY at my insistence and none of his UT TBM family came because they decided to wait for our temple wedding (eyeroll) which never happened.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.