Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 03:50PM

I thought I was reading the onion.

"Emily Coleman also protested the mandate, to fight for her children’s right to decide what they put in their body.

“I believe that if we allow for mandated mask that there will eventually be a mandated vaccine and after that they will most likely be mandated microchips,” Coleman said."

"Mask protestor Dallas DuFriend was furious after the mask mandate passed. He is one who will not follow the rule and he and others like him will not face any penalty for non-compliance unless something changes with enforcement.

“I don’t live in a communist country but they want to run everything,” DuFriend said. “They’re coming more and more closer to it because of all these crybaby bedwetters.”"

https://fox4kc.com/news/as-johnson-county-joins-rest-of-kansas-issuing-mandatory-masks-order-many-stand-against-it/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 04:03PM

That is American exceptionalism at work right there!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 04:11PM

Have you noticed that the chip is never in their head but always on their shoulder?

Date: July 03, 2020 04:13PM

In their heads it would make an unpleasant rattling sound.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 08:05PM

Should be in their ass...closer to their brains...

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 11:48AM

I think it's buffalo chips anyway.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 05:14PM

Reminds me of the woman in Mars Attacks: “I’ll tell you one thing (cocks the shotgun) they ain’t gettin’ the TV!”.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 05:38PM

The woman with the shotgun was Patricia McCloskey.
It's just what I heard.

Date: July 03, 2020 05:48PM

Really? I thought I saw the woman in a Detroit parking lot that looked like Mccloskey.

Chick gets around.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 05:44PM

I once did a class on interface design, and one of the projects was what to do about the hostility to phone-tree calls where after the welcome, the voice said "to continue in English, press 1"

I'm sure if you are of a certain, not even particularly advanced age, you remember that.

What the students came up with was that there were only two ways around that. Either not accommodate a foreign language option on the call at all, or make the English speakers listen to a sentence of Spanish saying "para continuar en Espanhol, marque dois" - words to that effect. I'm guessing at the spelling.

The students thought it was silly that inserting a sentence of Spanish was somehow better than having English speakers press 1 and have no Spanish at all in the call. Either took the exact same amount of time,

However, even though the English speakers were now forced to listen to some possibly incomprehensible Spanish, they literally did not have to lift a finger for the call to proceed.

Well, as you all know, the industry came to the same conclusion my students had come to. As long as the English speakers literally do not have to lift a finger, they are fine with ignoring a 2 second delay to listen to a Spanish sentence. They had complained bitterly about having to press 1 to avoid the Spanish sentence.

I see the mask as the same as having to press 1. The objection is far out of proportion to the actual effort involved. It is a fight over symbolism.

"No shirt, no shoes, no service" is a reasonable accommodation for public health.
"No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service" is intolerable government overreach.

Mmmmkay.

Para continuar en hospital, marque 911

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2020 05:44PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: July 04, 2020 11:52AM

On the floor laughing. You wound that up nicely---the last two line, OMG. I think I even heard George Carlin laughing somewhere in the clouds.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 08:52PM

I saw a few kids today wearing Mexican wrestling masks. Covered everything but their mouths.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 09:21PM

Remember when Quentin Cook decried the wearing of masks?

"'One of your greatest protections against making bad choices is to not put on any mask of anonymity,' he said. 'If you ever find yourself wanting to do so, please know it is a serious sign of danger and one of the adversary's tools to get you to do something you should not do.'"

https://www.deseret.com/2012/3/4/20397626/beware-of-wearing-the-mask-elder-quentin-l-cook-warns

Has Cook or any Q15 ever been photographed wearing a covid mask?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 02:04AM

Here in NM our Governor has mandated mask-wearing in public. There have been the usual number of me-first knotheads who have already announced that they do not plan to comply. However, it is refreshing to notice that many businesses have signs in their doors and windows saying that masks are required for transactions.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 05:21AM

Ahem.

Posted by: Mask Wearer ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 11:36AM

IMHO, if you don't want to wear a mask and keep social separation, it's your business.

You've been warned you might get this crazy virus.

If you get sick, you better hope that the hospitals in your area aren't at capacity, you might not have a place to go to get medical help.

You could die,.... too bad it was your choice.

Posted by: Another Mask Wearer ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 11:54AM

Amen.

Date: July 05, 2020 04:29AM

You're one of the good ones, knotheadusc.

;-)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 06:24AM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 08:23AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're one of the good ones, knotheadusc.
>
> ;-)

Phew! I was feeling a little heat! :D

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 11:57AM

It's hard to get people to take it serious if local law enforcement refuses to wear masks.

Just came from the store and cops in uniform were shopping without masks.

Date: July 05, 2020 11:10AM

Date: July 05, 2020 03:58PM

It seems that Kansas is headed towards the point of no return.

Date: July 06, 2020 12:16PM

Western Kansas is an interesting place. I drove through it last week and the MAGA stuff is all over the place.

Date: July 06, 2020 12:23PM

Equating the mask for all for health reasons with the various holocaust badges?

It's more like Make America Embarrassing Again for these people.

Date: July 06, 2020 02:14PM

LOL! How about Make America God's Army?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.