Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dark Cloudz ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 06:53AM

Hi guys, I hope I don't offend anyone, but I was wondering if any of you had heard of this "soaking" thing and if it is real.

I don't know if any of you guys ever watched "Alpha House" on Amazon Prime. It's a pretty funny series about a group of politicians who live together in a house in DC and stars John Goodman. It's worth a look and is a cute antidote to House of Cards etc

One of the main characters is LDS, and there's a plotline about his daughter, and his intern who are engaged. Their relationship starts as chaste but gradually becomes more "physical".

Anyway, they start doing things which they think won't get them in trouble, like over the computer etc.

They end up doing "soaking" which is supposedly an LDS thing. I'd never heard of it, and it is a definite violation of the Law o Chastity but they think it's within the rules. The claim is that this goes on at BYU. I guess it's a stage up from dry humping. The couple "join" each other in various positions but don't move. It's depicted in Alpha House (don't worry, you don't get to see anything). I suppose it prevents pregnancy although no contraceptives are mentioned.

Is this phenomenon real or is it just a gentile rumor? If masturbation is a crime, surely this is doubly so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 10:51AM

Google "provo soak".

Posted by: Dark Cloudz ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 11:03AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Google "provo soak".

Dave, I really don't want to Google this type of thing. :D Is it real or is it one of these wild rumors like celebrities and gerbils that probably never happened? This is way beyond the "little factory" stuff.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 12:02PM

you can lead a horse to water ...

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 05:11PM

that is gross Dave ~

#reported OPie ~

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 11:01AM

That was the subject of my short story, which won a prize in the recent contest. Read it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qBWxBSVC-8sP6zENUaIQlgpAznjtqEXU9lmFs_XRuOw/edit

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 12:05PM

It's real.
My brother and his high school girlfriend remained pure for their future spouses by doing this.

My brother referred to it as: "I just dipped my stick to check her oil"

Now I need to shower.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 12:50PM

Mormon kids know how pharisaical their religion is. It’s so self contradictory that a complex system of semantic games is needed to make it work. With that backdrop, soaking is okay.

Tell that to the STDs being spread among BYU students. Yeah, that’s a thing too.

Posted by: Confused somehow ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 04:25PM

Has anyone on this site ever soaked our got soaked.

I can't imagine I could have ever done it. Back in my teen years getting any where close to a women's part would release my hair trigger.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 06:56PM

I agree, ‘Confused Somehow’, this sounds like a “tale” that sounds plausible and is a dopey concept which makes it seem like it may have happened.

But.

I don’t think there is a chance in hell that the natural instinct to add some motion to the penetration could be denied. Any couple that could penetrate and both remain motionless are aberrations and probably should not be engaged in coupling...

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: July 07, 2020 02:55PM

csuprovograd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree, ‘Confused Somehow’, this sounds like
> a “tale” that sounds plausible and is a dopey
> concept which makes it seem like it may have
> happened.
>
> But.
>
> I don’t think there is a chance in hell that the
> natural instinct to add some motion to the
> penetration could be denied. Any couple that
> could penetrate and both remain motionless are
> aberrations and probably should not be engaged in
> coupling...

Look up "karezza" - a technique invented in the Oneida community in the 1840s and popularized in a 1931 book.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 09:07PM

What if the couple took turns moving?

In real live sex, most of the time both parties move... (When Bill Cosby isn't one of the partners...)

Trade places being the Soakee and the Soaker?

Remember, Jesus knows what's in your heart ... and pants.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 07, 2020 05:36PM

The Secret World Of Sex In Utah

7 months ago
I think you should be a man and move it around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neuLvtFmZ0s

Date: July 07, 2020 06:00PM

I loved the iteration that while soaking, a third party or parties forces the surface on which you rest to move ...

So you get slippery sexual movements that you didn't cause! Talk about Pharisaical behavior!!

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 01:52PM

They will have many virgin births as they only soaked and other people did the movement for them lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/3xb88d/remember_the_mormon_urban_legend_about_the_byu/

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: July 07, 2020 06:04PM

I got soaked by the dot com bubble.

I got soaked by the 2007 real estate crash.

I got soaked the last time I donated money to those fish-tards.

Yep. Soakin is real!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 03:26PM

Is "oral" still "moral?" Some apparently think so. When I was a student at BYU in the late 1960's and early 70's, hand jobs were as moral as moral could be.

Date: July 15, 2020 08:48PM

I was there with you, but I got married too quickly and only got to dry hump.

Would you consider it more likely to 'soak' before going on a mission v. after coming home and being an all-mighty, and very horny, RM?

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 08:00PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGjEXZ_gRM&t=13s

About the 1:20 mark starts explains it.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 08:30PM

I am absolutely sure it's real. Never encountered it, never envisioned it, but certainly experienced many other justifications over many years for "the encounter" and still blows my mind how "it" happened. Always one party looking for a reason and amazing what one will justify to do it.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 15, 2020 01:44PM

Pull it out
Stick it in
Leave it alone
Soon it is "done"

Microwaving 101
[Small waves (are for small surfers)]

(Of the packaging)
(The microwave oven)
(While it cooks)
(After it cools)

Mormons might be taught, and have a (precycled) thought, that's it's all in the movement.

They may think it's the steal small voice. Frozen?

Posted by: onanyXmo ( )
Date: July 16, 2020 04:13AM

Just sounds like amateur hour tantric quasi-sex imo. Similar to heavy petting I suppose for these people performing it, but it sounds a little hypocritical from the perspective of their own moral code, basically a way to fool yourself that you're keeping the chastity code.

Maithuna is the original, traditional tantric sexual method which implied extended plateau phase w/o orgasmic response. But it needs to be done with focus and concentration, within a ritual format not casually. This is obviously not taught in Mormonism (afaik.)

There actually should be penetration, it should ideally proceed like normal intercourse, but w/o climax of either (or any) party involved, and extended as long as possible. Properly done this can be performed for several hours.

Posted by: onanyXmo ( )
Date: July 16, 2020 04:18AM

I've been to "social clubs" where a lot of similar quasi-intercourse may or may not take place, and certain adult cinemas that probably don't exist much these days where folks would fool around in various ways, and I heard the term once or twice (but not the "Provo" part.)

Generally it's probably safer (physically and hygienically) to engage in non-contact expressions in a group context, like mutual exhibitionism / voyeurism where there is no actual contact between the various parties and you don't have to feel pressured or having to time yourself to someone else's timing, or whatever. But it works in both same sex and mixed sex groups.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.