Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 20, 2020 07:33PM

>>> IN HONOR OF UPCOMING PIONEER DAY JULY 24TH <<<

My Sacred (Not Secret) Closely Held Mormon Family Pioneer Story Claim Told Only To A Select Few Outside Of Our Immediate Family...

As my Great Great-Great-Grandfather was leading a small band of Mormon pioneers West through some known hostile Indian Territory they knew they were being "shadowed" by Indians all the while.

On one particular day as the group of Pioneers was making their way towards a very narrow ravine that could pose a threat to the entire wagon train the sound of an Indian war drum was heard from somewhere in the woods nearby.

My Great-Great-Great-Grandfather leaned over in his saddle and said to his son (who would become my Great-Great-Grandfather)..."My dear boy, I sure don't like the sound of those drums."

Soon after which a voice from somewhere up in the rocky ravine ledges hollered back..."Sorry, he's not our regular drummer!"

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: July 20, 2020 08:43PM

Don't call us. We will call you.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 20, 2020 08:54PM

:D

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 20, 2020 11:29PM

My great uncle was a missionary in Montana in the 1920's. Unc was excited when he had the opportunity to interview an old warrior who was at Little Bighorn. The warrior was willing to share Custer's last words. "Where did all these f#+&ing Indians come from?"

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 07:48PM

I wonder how much of Pioneer stories are really just urban legends.

Grandma walked 20 miles at night back to a old campfire to retrieve a forgotten spoon then back to the new camp site by day break, where she had to start breakfast and get ready for the days 20 mile trek west.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.