Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: holycarp ( )
Date: August 27, 2020 08:58PM

I've read stories here before and I know it's nothing new but it just burns my bacon when I have to deal with a dishonest MO.

This couple lives in Tucson and after speaking with the husband for a few days I figured he was LDS.

My company is a new/used vehicle (not cars) dealership and was going to buy their used vehicle. The man said everything was working, no damage, inside/outside was in great condition. He kept mentioning he had PTSD and was 'frightened by loud noises' and was in the military for 4 years (his wife's FB page said 3 yrs.) Everything was, 'yes Ma'am, no Ma'am' blah, blah, blah.

I had photos of the vehicle both in and out and he was given specific instructions of what types of photos I needed but would not send what I asked for.

We agreed on a certain price pending the photos and he was paying down the vehicle by $30K which he did.

I felt something was up and happened to have an employee going through Tucson that day and asked him to do an inspection for me.

A large and expensive part to fix of the vehicle didn't work, all of the upholstery was badly cracked and flaking and the windshield was cracked and badly pitted. They had placed objects strategically inside the vehicle to hide the damage.

The wife has a well-known on-line clothing, jewelry, make-up business and when I looked it up there they are in front of their ward/stake building and him with a sh*t-eating grin on his face.

Whenever I had dealt with an LDS owned business it was always shady...didn't matter if she was in the RS/Young Women's presidency or if he was in a high leadership position - they were crooks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: August 27, 2020 09:04PM

Holycarp I see you have already been introduced to your new Elders Quorum President.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 27, 2020 10:51PM

Lol. I have a neverMo friend who was a real estate agent first in SoCal, and then SLC. Her experience was that SL Valley Mormons are pretty much like the general population in southern Cal. Most are decent enough. Maybe they will spin things to their advantage, but they won't outright lie to you. And of course some are complete weasels.

OTOH, it felt like whenever she had to deal with a Mormon in southern Cal, she had to make double sure everything in the contract was double-nailed down, because if there was any way on God's Green Earth that they could jerk you around, they would.

She moved the SLC with some trepidation, and was pleasantly surprised that Utah Mormons are more honest that what she had to deal with in CA. I told her that there were a lot more Mormons in name only here, and IMHO they were the "normal people".

Utah of course famously has more than it's fair share of MLMs, Ponzi schemes, stock fraud, affinity fraud, yada, yada. Polyg groups seem particularly adept at business fraud, the recent conviction on biofuel tax evasion fraud being an example. So it is not like Utah Mormons are paragons of honesty. But at least in her opinion, they were better than the low-life's she had to deal with in California.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 02:38AM

+holycarp:
That isn’t anything special.
I think the explanation is that theists, such as jews, christians, muslims, split their world in 2.
There is the religious part of their lives, where they believe in helping their fellow man, being always honest, not raping kids, and so on.
When they are outside of church, they enter their second part of their lives where it is ok to be a capitalist, to make as much profit as possible, to beat up your wife or kids, to rape some kid, to lie and so on.
For some reason, this type of person forgets their religion during those moments.

When they return to church or into their religious state, they suddenly remember their sins and beg for forgiveness from their gods.

According to the christian, muslim rules, you still get the keys to heaven because you accept the god as your master and you are asking his forgiveness and its normal that you are imperfect. Apparently, being imperfect is not your fault because you did not design yourself and also Adam and Eve are the troublemakers in the garden.
They are the ones who brought sin into this world.

Doesn’t the mormon religion work the same way? Accept Joseph Smith as your prophet and follow the mormon rules + christian rules + jewish rules (more or less). If you make a mistake, ask for forgiveness and the slate is clean for more slop.

There is something about 7 deadly sins. Being a glutton is one of them. I don’t get it.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: August 31, 2020 11:13PM

I am still confused by gluttony how that is a sin.

But I guess if I walked around Utah and saw the result of not thinking its a sin - with all the sugar, fatty, bland foods and heavy breathing, obese hushed tones in the temple - maybe it would change my mind.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 11:50AM

I think the sacrifices take their toll. You get a little cranky when you are supposed to "endure to the end" and get your reward after you die.

So you start to feel superior and the us/them schism allows you to screw "them."

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 12:34PM

laperla not logged in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you start to feel superior and the us/them
> schism allows you to screw "them."

Yep

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 01:28PM

Integrity is not owned by religion.

RMM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 09:14PM

I hate when your bacon gets burned. If that happens again let me know. I'll bring some over or send some by.

I brought home the bacon the other day so I know what you mean.

So for as getting burned by a Mormon, I just say turn off before it gets too hot.

That's true with anything or anyone that doesn't jive or seem up and up, or something just doesn't float your boat.

Always inspect something well before buying. That's a no-brainer.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: August 30, 2020 11:17PM

Or just turn the other cheek.

Rappin' for Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
Length = 2:52

Go to 1:43

I don't know what an MC is.

~~~~iceman9090

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.