Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 10:24AM

My sister was all set to go on a senior mission this summer, then the pandemic hit. The church postponed her mission. She was notified the other day that her mission has been canceled.

Does anyone know if this is becoming a common thing now? Are they just canceling some missions -- seniors for example, overseas missions? Or is it more widespread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 01:05PM

This is part of Cancel Revelation Culture.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 01:30PM

You will probably see more and more of this

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 03:42PM

Potential liability for old people and their health

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 04:41PM

NEW Mission: STAY HOME

Date: September 02, 2020 07:29PM

Convert Thyself will be a new series of senior missionary materials that the church will launch in Dec.

The New Senior Stay at Home Missionary Kit will include fast and offering slips which will allow seniors to contribute what they would have spent on the mission.

It will also include a Senior Missionary Moment Guide which will have responses to all the relative questions from their exmo family members with such highlights as "I can understand your anger towards the church when have you sinned, but why let it keep you away?"

As well as members will receive valuable facebook training to annoy the hell out of random strangers you can befriend. Do not worry that your address can be found by pissed persons. The Lord will protect you.

On P-Days the prophet has said - members will be able to refresh and reclean the chapel and accompanying toilets. Scrub away your imperfections as you come unto a more christ-like toilet. We assure you this is not busy work! You are helping dead people be able to poop after 150 years. Probably saving millions on the other side from having ruptured spiritual bladders. Thy name shall be blessed as you answer this call.

Date: September 02, 2020 07:30PM

* blessed and tidy

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 10:46PM

If she is older, the church probably doesn't want to risk the potential of her catching Covid and dieing on her mission.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: September 02, 2020 10:49PM

My TBM middle-aged single female friend said she will go overseas to serve a mission in October. She is mentally unstable so I sure hope her mission is canceled.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 03, 2020 02:56PM

Probably a thing. My kids are on missions one of them having been moved from overseas. They both spoke of the huge August/September influx of overseas and new missionaries. I'm thinking things are getting strange in the missionary dept. My kid has close to 300 missionaries in her mission.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: September 03, 2020 03:02PM

Somehow a "prophet" and "seer" can't see far enough ahead to figure out these people won't be going on the missions?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 04, 2020 08:59AM

Not sure what type of mission she was going to serve.

A lot of senior missions are work missions and maybe with things shut down they don't need her to work.

I've had friends and neighbors go to teach school, be an accountant, nursing, one to be a roving branch president, tour guide etc.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 04, 2020 09:36AM

Date: September 05, 2020 11:31PM

Since they were pushing all the doctrine of you making promises in the pre-existence that you would find people on your mission that ONLY YOU could find and bring them the gospel,

Does this mean that you were unworthy in your pre-mortal life?
You just weren't good enough to rescue these souls?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.