Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 12:52PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 07:45PM

They think the Almeda Fire might be due to arson.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 08:01PM

https://www.q13fox.com/news/wsp-man-arrested-for-setting-fire-in-median-of-sr-167-in-puyallup

Such a conscientious citizen!

He was live-streaming it when the WSP showed up, and kept the live stream going right through the interview including his arrest. It's 40 minutes long, not included in the clip included in the above news item. He's now a suspect in the Sumner Grade and Bonney Lake fires.

Here's a news item from his November 2014 arrest:

https://komonews.com/news/local/police-man-charged-after-bringing-weapons-to-seattle-protests

Date: September 11, 2020 12:32AM

Him - good that he's charged. WTF with this, wait for it, antifa crazy person having all those guns back in the day? SBJ. Yes, I wrote that. This dude should NOT have had all that yee-ha military-grade equipment and boom sticks. Up the river with his ass (if convicted, etc. customary caveats).

CAUTION: Conspiracy theories abound about these fires. People are all like, ANTIFA! Proud Boys! THEY'RE Errrrywhere and setting these fires.

No. They're not.

We set these fires when we started running our AC 24/7 and driving one mile to the MacDonald's and packing cattle in their own shit and feeding them corn because for some reason we think we need to eat meat every godddamn day.

Anyone know what a swamp cooler is? Build one and turn off the damn AC or flip over your pillow at night!

We started this shit when we got some really bad suburban planning ideas and were like, "You know, if we add more lanes to the interstates, there will be less traffic." OMG

And, man - Louis Kahn was like, "Let's make downtown Philly 100% pedestrian - we can do this. Here's how... ." And six-degrees of Kevin Bacon's family was like, "Nope!"

So now. KABOOM. Here's this shit. A fucking conflagration, and we act like it's some mystery. A big ole surprise. It's not. AND WE ALL STARTED IT. all of us. We filled in the Chehalis River Basin with concrete and strip malls and big-box stores and car dealerships to equip the people who need the cars to feed the extra lanes on the freeway.

I5 flooded up to the exit signs because of that shit. All manner of pollutants are washed off the concrete and dumped into the rivers every time it rains, and we wonder why an orca cow pushed her dead calf for seventeen days and over 1,000 miles willing it to live.

Orcas pray.

And here come the climate change refugees living at the equator watching the sea water rising around their ankles. But no one wants them because they are from shithole countries plus the assholes on the Upper West Side are like, "They are smelly." OF COURSE THEY'RE SMELLY! They're wading through oceans of dead stuff because we are SO GREEDY. And we suck. We. Suck. We're a bunch of lazy cowards.

I'm sitting on my porch in a too-big house listening to Big Empty on my Wonderboom 2 speakers drunk off my ass from Prosecco I ordered from Walmart. Every week I place my order for my groceries online. I show up at the prescribed time, my dog riding shotgun. A nice young man places the groceries in my trunk. I drive home and leave him a nice review. I'm about to post this and go into the kitchen and go through my rotating chilled glasses of booze because mine is a bit warm.

Then I'm going to come back here and sit on my porch until I pass out or burn up and rant on RFM about TOTALLY off-topic crazy shit because that is what I do.

brb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2020 01:11AM by Beth.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 02:12PM

Sooo you don't like Mcdonald's I take it? You could use a Oreo Mcflurry right about now.

Date: September 11, 2020 03:01PM

I prefer Burger King.

Date: September 11, 2020 03:47PM

There is a Burger King so close to me that I could probably walk there in five minutes.

I have never walked there.

Pre-COVID, I would put my dog in the car, go to the drive-thru, order whatever and a vanilla shake *for my dog* and drive home.

^^ That's ridiculous.

Posted by: Elmo ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 02:30AM

Go take a bath, Beth.

Posted by: Elmo ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 07:25AM

It was Aunty Fa and Uncle Duh.

Date: September 11, 2020 03:01PM

Cleanliness is overrated

Date: September 11, 2020 01:02PM

Headline : "'Antifa arson' hoax rumors spread faster than wildfires in besieged West Coast rural areas"

Posted by: The Animal's Fiend ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 02:21PM

Date: September 11, 2020 02:49PM

I laugh when you light your Nikes on fire while you are wearing them just to own the libs.

Date: September 11, 2020 03:12PM

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 02:20PM

We had to evacuate Clackamas county yesterday. Woke up still at level 1, but level 2 was at the end or our road 2 miles away and level 3 a couple more miles away. So I took 3 truck loads of stuff, mainly musical instruments and recording gear, to a friend's house farther away and across the Willamette river. each time I returned home it was worse...another level higher, power off....When I got in the truck to take the last load I had 3 "leave now" alerts on my phone. Couldn't see the oregon city side from across the river in West Linn from the smoke. I got out to the freeway 8 miles away just as traffic was starting to really back up and get thick. Luckily I went south on I 205, I 5, and HWY 30 out to St Helens and are staying at my wife's sister's house. North bound everything was a parking lot.

With the wind change and cooler humid weather coming in now, my house is back to level 2, but across the street is level 3. Supposed to rain Monday and Tuesday too.

As far as rumors of arson, etc....my neighbor came over as I was finishing my last load up. Said 2 people tried to torch the Redland Cafe 2 miles up the road. Locals caught them and did what locals do, beat the carp out of them, then the police came and took them.

He stayed up all that night on his roof with a rifle because the neighbors had seen people at his house while he was away helping local firefighters. He saw a guy ride by on a dark motorcycle all dressed in black with two swords on his back and another bike with 2 guys all in black. Shortly after that just up the hill, two guys got chased into the woods after lighting bottle rockets into them, didn't get caught.

Also hearing several reports of looting. Our Quality Manager lives farther out and many people have left before level 3, her husband has seen several cars driving slowly up the streets, to the point of going out and asking what they were doing...nothing of course.

I'm probably going to go back today and check on things, armed as well, provided traffic allows it....its about 70 miles away.

This is all so bizarre, but its nice to know we're safe and with family, and it looks like its getting better and just might be done early next week.

Date: September 11, 2020 02:33PM

Wishing you all peace and safety.

Date: September 11, 2020 03:02PM

SBJ. Thinking of you.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 11, 2020 03:58PM

Best of luck, Roy.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 12, 2020 12:44AM

I can hardly imagine. Wishing y'all safety and peace. This is so off the charts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2020 12:45AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: September 12, 2020 02:46PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.