Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nli ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 03:05PM

I spoke with my ultraTBM brother yesterday. He lives in the Ogden area.

In the course of the conversation I asked him whether they were being allowed to go to church on Sundays in view of the virus.

He said, "No. And it's great!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 04:19PM

Yeah. One can act like an ex-Mo with none of the heaping of shame and guilt by TBM family and friends. Just wait till it ends. Me thinks there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 04:22PM

...and staying home was not a sin!

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: September 23, 2020 07:50PM

Let me tell you all something bout this shit. Among church and long hours, I could not stand the temple. It drove me nuts, up down up down right hand to the square repeat repeat repeat and the goofy clothes, holy moly doughnut shop!!!

I skipped going to the customary temple trip in Sao Paulo Brazil on my final days on my mission. My President gave me shit when he found out asking why I didn't go. I replied, I will be in Utah shortly and we have 8 different temples to pick from. However, I would like to say goodbye to my close friends I have made in Brazil since i know I will not see them in this lifetime again.

My pres shamed me and said how can no one like going to do the lord's good work and bringing salvation to all?

If he only knew about the masons and Smith's involvement. Makes that time away from the temple seem golden?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 01:56AM

Would you have had to pay for the plane ticket to go?

My friend did a mission in Rio and said the missionaries were charged for the plane ticket from Rio to Sao Paulo. He refused to pay and demanded to fly direct from Rio.

He was told it was "impossible" to fly out of Rio to the US. Guess what? It wasn't. He flew directly home from Rio. I wonder if the Mission Pres got a kickback from the travel agency.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 09:56AM

Of course he's loving the temporary lay-off. I could feel my soul return to my body as I walked those twenty feet from the last amen to the chapel front doors and the sun hit my skin. Parole until the 7PM Sacrament Meeting!

They all feel the same but just won't admit. And when your ultra-TBM brother goes back, it is going to hit him twice as hard like Pooped said. Church IS "Inner Darkness."

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 10:50AM

How you gonna get their butts back in the pews once they've tasted freedom?

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: September 24, 2020 03:25PM

I predict story after story of the blessings piled on after going back. And even those who don't want to go back will do so and say how much they missed it.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: September 25, 2020 11:31AM

Mormons Can't Stand 'church'. They'd rather Sit it out. Or Lie! Nap through it. Forget it. Leave it.

Posted by: Lori C ( )
Date: September 25, 2020 12:04PM

This is how I broke the spell back in 1995 for me. I could not go to church for a month for health reasons and I felt better and more connected to myself than I ever did before.

That was the mouth of the rabbit hole for me.

They will NOT get all their members back.

Yay!

Posted by: HaroldTheCat ( )
Date: September 27, 2020 03:16PM

Interestingly, I didn't hear any Mormons complain when church meetings on Sunday went from three hours to two.

When I was a church going member, I found attending church meetings to be complete drudgery and couldn't wait for them to end every week. There's not too many people smiling and looking happy in the pews.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 27, 2020 03:47PM

I told a Mormon friend that I personally could not sit in a church for three hours each Sunday. She distanced herself from me after that. I guess people who differ from you are dangerous.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.