Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 02:24PM

...& administer a salad-oil blessing to heal the leader of the free-world from Covid-19???

And/or the local Missionary Elders who have more power in their pinky fingers than the whole of Catholicism and the Pope???

Just why hasn't Mormonism been asked to step-in and assist???

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 02:26PM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 02:59PM

He is too busy supervising a general conference.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:00PM

Haha.

But seriously, one requirement of a PH blessing is you have to believe. Isn't it? (Although back when a Mormon friend offered a blessing to my sister, neither of us believed in Mormonism; however, she consented to the blessing. To be 100% honest she did feel some comfort from it for an afternoon. It did not, in the end, cure her medical condition, not unexpectedly).

I am pretty darn sure that DJT does not believe in the Mormon PH. Or anything else all that spiritual TBH.

And, full disclosure, if I were in hospital with COVID I'd be feeling in much more capable hands if I were surrounded by MDs with advanced degrees in medical science rather than 1000 folks claiming divine power and inspiration.

I'd take an experimental scientifically-based cure way before I'd submit to any other-worldly woo-woo.

Even allowing for a belief in God, I am firmly of the view that He, if He exists, expects us to use our own knowledge and ability to help ourselves. What the purpose for it all is, I don't know. But if I were potentially or demonstrably gravely ill, I'd head for ER in a NY minute rather than my nearest chapel. That much is for sure.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:03PM

Trump's COVID thing is FAKE, it's only an excuse for him to avoid-evade future debates.

just sayin'

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:18PM

"Mike Pence had been sent to one of Trump’s golf resorts just in case he needs to take over golfing."

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:28PM

I've heard this from several friends, though they are the ones who keep an ample supply of tin foil.

I don't think so. First, he desperately wants to change the subject away from COVID, and this is making that just plain impossible.

Second, way too many other people in his orbit are coming down with it, and there are likely a few more shoes to drop there, since the incubation period is typically a week, more or less.

Third, the WH did not want this to get out. Reporters pieced it together from Hope Hicks' diagnosis, itself leaked/uncovered by reporters, plus changes to the President's schedule.

Plus the political fallout if it leaked that the whole thing was faked would be career-ending. The teflon has worn very thin. A "miracle recovery", even if real, would be met with massive skepticism IMHO.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:56PM

trump's "symptoms" are very slight, they're putting out that he's still conducting business so any 'recovery' wouldn't be a huge claim...

Besides, if Gwad's Profit, even Russell M. Nelson, M.D. was called to the POTUS:

- His discernment would tell him it's FAKE

- How would he administer to Trumpel without being exposed (IF it was a real, active virus? Would Nelson take that gamble?

NO I TELL YOU!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:59PM

I'd recommend taking what the White House and the doctors are saying with a grain of my finest. The president was on oxygen yesterday and the reports are obviously incomplete.

I don't think we can infer much from the information now available.

Except that COVID is not a hoax.

Date: October 03, 2020 11:16PM

Also it took 6 weeks for Herman Cain to expire. I think it typically takes about a month to expire from covid-19. Reports 48 hours in are not indicative of much of anything. Statistically, he has a 90% or slightly better chance of recovery. Better than Russian Roulette, but not by a lot.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:12PM

This is what he needs, since Kenneth Copeland is a big fan of his, and can chase away the devil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsGbk820O_Y

Date: October 03, 2020 03:13PM

Getting consecrated oil through the hair would be a challenge.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.